Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO Correspondance - error in generating emails

mausumi_ray
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having some issues in our system when we try to implement the email functionality for LSO. We get the following error when we book an employee in a course and try to see the email in correspondance worklist:

Data for required field was not read

Message no. LSO_CORRESPONDENCE409

Diagnosis

This field is flagged as required in Customizing. However, the system could read no data with the current correspondence request.

The correspondence type is invalid for the current activity.

System Response

The current correspondence request cannot be output.

Procedure

Check whether the correspondence type selected is valid for the activity.

And we get the following error message when we try to a print preview of the email content:

Output type LOCL does not have the device type POST2.

Message no. SSFCOMPOSER035

Diagnosis

You have chosen an output device that does not have the specified device type.

System Response

The output device is not accepted.

Procedure

You have to enter an output device that has the relevant device type. Use the input help to make your selection.

It would be great if anyone can suggest how to fix this issue.

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Mausumi

Edited by: Mausumi Ray on Jun 8, 2011 1:26 AM

Update: I was able to resolve the first issue by following the suggestion given in the the thread below:

LSO - Output of Request Based Correspondence

"I came across your first error of EOTYP not being filled while using HLL1 correspondence type and my fix was to simply remove the WA_PREVIOUS node from my collection. WA_PREVIOUS is used for re-booking rather than booking."

But we still have the issue with the print or the print preview option

Thanks,

Mausumi

node from my collection. WA_PREVIOUS is used for re-booking rather than booking.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mausumi,

This type of error can be corrected in the following:

. You can fill the empty variables by filling of the needed infotypes

or

. If you mean the variables are unnecessary you can remove them. Please be sure that you should not change the SAP-original formula.

Maintance of such obligatory text variables is done from the IMG

Training and Event Management -> Business Event Preparation -> Day-to-Day Activities -> Correspondence -> Form Creation ->

Specify format for text variables. In the column Required you can select textvariables so they automaticly end up in the formular and thereby have to be maintained in event management.

Best Regards,

Deepak..