cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Self Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

We are trying to implement password self service for SAP, AD and Non-SAP systems. The installation and post configuration is complete.

The dispatchers are defined and running sucessfully and the task for Password Reset is defined. The problem is the password reset task/job is not running or picked up by the dispatcher, its always in idle mode. The job logs are also empty.

Are we missing something....we are new to IDM and running 7.1

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens when you run the jon? Remember when changing passwords in AD, you need to run the dispatcher as a service with credentials that can change passwords.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

When I try run the job, nothing really happens. It stays in the idle state and there are no job logs recorded.

Right now I'm trying only for an SAP ABAP system.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so have you connected the Change ABAP Password task from the framework to the Password reset task you created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I havent tried the solution yet. Will update you soon.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I have done as you suggested and now I can perform password reset from the console. When I try the same using self service I cannot get past the 2nd step of answering the authentication questions. Irrespective of I answer it right or wrong it says authentication failed. Even if I make the password policy in the console to zero questions to be answered still it says authentication failed.

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Are you looking to do simple self service or the anonymous password reset? You'll still need to create some tasks that will reset the password in the various systems.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Here is the requirement.,

- Password self service for multiple SAP systems and AD

- Password Synchronisation between AD's

Right now I'm trying to configure the PSS. Followed the SAP document and created tasks for password reset, edit authentication questions and password reset failed.

The users will register their authentication questions (http://<server>:port/idm) and after that they do self service (http://<sercer>:port/idm/pwdreset) by answering those questions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Mathu,

Have you verified that the keys.ini file is the same on both your Identity Center and Java AS servers, and that the path is configured correctly in the Configuration Adapter in Java AS? I know that this is one way that the questions can never be answered correctly because it does not encrypt/decrypt appropriately.

Also, you should be able to look at the logs and traces for your Java AS and see any error messages related to the pwdreset application, whether it just be authentication failed or whether it is having trouble finding the user in the IDStore, etc.

Jared