Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing carriage return in DMEE file output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I am faced with following issue.

We are exporting file with financial info for banks using Tx FPY1. Content of that file has been configured using Tx DMEE and it works fine. The only thing is that break lines (separating records) are coded using only line feeds instead of line feeds and carriage return. I have tried updating configuration in DMEE to force using both tags but regardless of the setting I am getting only line feeds.

Same file downloaded using transaction AL11 does have both tags but it requires more steps (hence customer will not accept it).

I have come across OSS note 995999 which seemed like a perfect fit however on a closer inspection objects in our system are already up to date.

Can anyone share some ideas?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

True Michael I came across the same issue searched a lot and thought it would help someone in future who might be looking out it is not intended to answer to the10 year old issue and that is why "If you are using DMEEX .." 🙂

0 Kudos

If you are using DMEEX the new transaction try this and the file will be printed in XML format.

Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like a blast from the (10-year old) past.

did DMEEX exist back then?

the 'good old' DMEE doesn't have this post-processing tab.

former_member566586
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi! Removing empty nodes from xml is achievable also in DMEE. For details, see

Performance Acceleration in DMEE(X) | SAP Blogs

0 Kudos

Hello Michael

Please respond if you are reading this. I have similar problem. When the file is downloaded in AL11, all the data is coming as a single line.

I have used the Carriage return in End of Segment. Also tried using Line Feed but in vain.

Please suggest.

regards

Sourav

Former Member

Just posting this for those who surf in looking for the answer to the same question (assume Sourav resolved his problem 2 years ago!).  I had the same issue and had the correct CR / LF in DMEE.  In fact it was working fine in PRD with the same CR / LF settings as development but was not working in Dev after making a change.  I found it is caused by having file format 04 XML in OBPM1 (table VC_TFPM042F)

When I changed it to 01 File, the carriage return problem was resolved.