cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC NW 7.5 - Cannot create ActiveX component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

When I try to admin something in the administration console appears the message: Cannont create ActiveX component, but when I push the button "Error de Dump" (I'm working on spanish language) just stop working. I'm loggin with sysadmin user. Until I read I just have to register a program... or this is what I guess. But, the problem is, the bpc client stop working and I can't see the error message, so, I don't know what is the component, the bpc log is this:

#2.0 #2011 06 07 13:08:28:655#-5:00#Error#AdminMainService##EPM-BPC-NW##ed1d95d9-d411-4755-8672-a85d1a623054###AppSetInfo#palace-resorts
bpc_sysadmind########Plain##<Exception><ExceptionInfo><exType>System.Exception</exType><exMessage>Cannot create ActiveX component.</exMessage><exSource>Microsoft.VisualBasic</exSource><assembly>Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction, Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a</assembly><stackTrace> at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObject(String ProgId, String ServerName)

at OSoft.Services.Webservice.AdminMainService.AdminMainService.AppSetInfo(String strParameter, String strContext)

</stackTrace><exTime>6/7/2011 1:08:28 PM</exTime></ExceptionInfo><WebServiceLayer><machineName>SVR-BI-DEV</machineName><userName>PALACE-RESORTS
bpc_sysadmind</userName><csnComponent>EPM-BPC-NW-ADM</csnComponent><className>AdminMainService</className><MethodInfo><methodName>AppSetInfo</methodName><Params><strParameter>

<Parameter>

<Param1 Name="ReportBackID" ><![CDATA[9341eaf6-b7dc-457e-aed0-b5f1f08ac96f]]></Param1>

</Parameter></strParameter><strContext>

<Context>

<AppSet><![CDATA[APSHELL]]></AppSet>

<UserID><![CDATA[palace-resorts
bpc_sysadmind]]></UserID>

<App><![CDATA[]]></App>

<Language><![CDATA[ES]]></Language>

<Session>

<SessionID><![CDATA[]]></SessionID>

<Machine><![CDATA[172.20.0.209]]></Machine>

<Machine_Name><![CDATA[BRUNILDA]]></Machine_Name>

<ModuleName><![CDATA[ADMIN]]></ModuleName>

</Session>

<CurrentView>

<Dim>

<Name></Name>

<Value></Value>

</Dim>

</CurrentView>

</Context></strContext><strSecurity>

<SECURITY>

<CheckSum><![CDATA[QZM3JGzTLyg5FLo67PgEY4u8fzU=]]></CheckSum>

<IsZipped><![CDATA[False]]></IsZipped>

<IsEncrypted><![CDATA[True]]></IsEncrypted>

</SECURITY></strSecurity></Params></MethodInfo></WebServiceLayer><additionalInfo></additionalInfo><displayMode>ERROR</displayMode></Exception>#

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once restart your .net server. It will work fine. I too got same active x control error, restarting server helped me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to check if MSXML Redistributable 4.0 version is installed on your system. It is the prerequisite of SAP BPC NW 7.5 version. This error is frequestly displayed if that version is not installed properly.

Hope this reesolves your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam

I check in my server side and yes, I have the MSXML 4 install there, and it's install in my client side to. So, I'm still don't have other idea.

lucas_costa3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

Do you solved the problem?

If the answer is Yes: how?

Tks!

0 Kudos

The .NET server is attempting to create an ActiveX object to build its reply. It is not successful.

To resolve, on the .NET application server, it is necessary to allow ActiveX. The simplest way to resolve is:

Start Internet Explorer

Choose Tools -> Internet Options

Go to Security Tab

Select Trusted Sites

Set Security Level for this Zone to the lowest setting

Also, Choose Sites

Add the name of the .NET server as a Trusted Site

- ( I recommend placing both http://Servername and http://Servername.XXX.com )

Hit OK and close IE.

Restart the .NET server and the issue will be resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

I check in other PC but the error still appear. Then I check the adminmainservice but is not an dll file, the file exist in this path with this extention:

C:\PC_NW\Websrvr\web\App\AdminMainService\AdminMainService.asmx

So... now I don't know what to do, more ideas senseis???

Thanks for your help

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

BASIS,

If other admin client machine shows same error message, it is a problem in the application server.

(Please try to login in the other desktop.)

If it happens in the other desktop machine, it says "AdminMainService" so you may need to re-register AdminMainServer.dll at the application server.

If it doesn't happen at the other desktop, you need to uninstall and install admin client program.

Please keep in mind, this error comes from .NET tier server.

I hope it will help you.

Regrads,

James Lim