cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Disputes - effect over collections management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues.

In your experience is there any way of creating several partial disputes over the same invoice that will generate an effect over the amount to be collected inside collections management?

I understand that the only way o creating several partial disputes over the same invoice is through "customer disputed objects" , but this has no effect over the amount to be collected in collections management.

On the other hand for example if a client argues about a partial amount of his invoice, iand I create a dispute case in which I consider this situation as a "Disputed object" the whole invoice will be deducted from the amount to be collected inside collections management, which wouldn't be exactly right.

Has anyone faced this type of situations? how did you solve them?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Luis A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked on a process for this.

You need to create a customer journal that credit and debits the customer account with the same amount.

Dispute the debit item.

The credit item can be used if the customer "takes" the deduction in the payment.

When you resolve the dispute and raise a CR, you can then clear the original debit with the credit note

If no credit note is due, either clear the original credit against the original debit, as they would not have taken the deduction in the payment, or if they have taken the deduction in a payment - they will then pay the deduction amount back creating a debit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Mark.

One of our major concerns is how partial disputes should correctly update the amount to be collected in collections management.

Since we have already created an implementation of the BAdI UDM_COLL_AMT_C to ignore open credit items that are present in the customer account, so they are not considered in the amount to be collected (following another customer requirement), I am thinking that maybe an option could be to also add the logic for considering customer disputed amounts in the amount to be collected in collections management.

Have you or some other colleague following this topic, tried something similar before?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not seen this.

It could be possible - but may take some effort to ensure everything stays in sync.