cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to EhP4/NW 7.01 in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on ECC 6 and BI 700.The Basis team is planning for an upgrade to EhP4/NW 7.01 in ECC . Does that mean the bi 7 is upgraded with EHP1? Can some one please clear this. What does NW 7.01 in ECC mean?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHP4 is based on Netweaver 701 / EHP1 with the addiitional ECC components

upgraded to 604/EHP4.

Therefore the Netweaver is bundled as part of ECC EHP4 for components

like SAP_ABA, SAP_BASIS and SAP_BW going to 701 same as EHP1 for NW systems.

Does that mean the bi 7 is upgraded with EHP1? Yes this is the effect of such a move.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the reply. But my basis team said that there be only EhP4/NW 7.01 in ECC. No upgrades on BW side. So I am not understanding whether BW is being upgraded to 7.1 or not. Can you please clarify?

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your ECC system is the one updated to EhP4/NW 7.01 then no, your separate (eg. BW netweaver system)

will not also be updated to EHP1 701, it will remain at the same level as before EHP install.

Each system needs to be upgraded separately depending on relevant release, system type.

Regards,

Aidan

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi t.dhari

Sorry, it's not clear if BI is the same server as ECC. If it's same system, as Aidan said, BW will be upgraded to EHP1, but if BI is a different system, you'll need create a standlone mopz transaction to this BI system to upgrade it to EHP1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I do not have much idea about the versions/levels. The following are the components of my BI system Can you please let me know at what level level(SP) we are.

SAP_ABA 700 0020 SAPKA70020

SAP_BASIS 700 0020 SAPKB70020

PI_BASIS 2006_1_700 0010 SAPKIPYM10

SAP_BW 700 0022 SAPKW70022

BI_CONT 703 0015 SAPKIBIIQ5

Also while the ECC is upgraded to EHP4 what are the testings I should be doing on the BW side. Any thing in particular I need to take care of. I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! How can I know if my BI system is separate. I know its a very basic question but I really want to know.

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

As Aidan said, with the upgrade to EHP4, these packages will be upgraded automatically to Netweaver 7.01.

If you upgrade to EHP5, NW packages will be upgraded to 7.02.

EHP5 isn't in rampup anymore.

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you have one or two servers ?

Do you have one server with ERP and another server to BI ?

They have the same SID or different SIDs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I got you. We have different servers like PBQ-BW quality, PHQ-ECC quality etc.

So can you please let me know if there would be any impact on BW side when the ECC is being upgraded to EHP4. What kind of tests do I need to perform on the BW side to ensure every thing works as before.

Thank you!

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't have this expertise, but I know that if you want maintain the same level in both systems, you must upgrade:

ERP 6.0/EHP 4 NW 7.01 => BW must be upgraded to NW 7.01

ERP 6.0/EHP 5 NW 7.02 => BW must be upgraded to NW 7.02

ERP 6.0/EHP 6 NW 7.03 => BW must be upgraded to NW 7.03 => Will be in rampup in Q3 2011.

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABA Support Package 20 for 7.00

Basis Support Package 20 for 7.00

BW Support Package 22 for 7.00

It appears that the BI system is separate as the component levels here do appear to be

from BI system rather than having ECC components also.

Your SP stack level looks to be SPS20 which is quite old and should be updated before

updating system to EHP1.

Please refer to the following documentation:

1142832 - Installation Enhancement Package 1 for Netweaver 700

1146578 - Central Note: Upgrade to Systems on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1

1276895 - Add. info. about Upgrading to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

1248905 - SP Equivalence for update/upgrade to EHP 1 for SAP NW 7.0

Also you can refer to the Ehancement Package Upgrade Guide at

service.sap.com/instguides

-> Installation & Upgrade Guides

-> SAP NetWeaver

-> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s)

-> Upgrade

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. But as of now we are going only with ECC upgrade(Basis team did a research on this and concluded as the client doesnt want to go for BW upgrade now). Can you please let me know about what needs to be taken care in BW while ECC is upgraded to EHP4.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After upgrade of your ECC system, run data loading jobs in ECC and check whether all jobs are running fine and have proper run time.

Thanks

Sunny

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are looking for landscape dependencies like e.g. what needs to be done on a BW system which is connected to the ERP system then SAP Note [1388258|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1388258] provides you with details.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one..assigned points.