Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Mini Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in an implementation project, and the scope was changed adding the HR Mini Master in order to work with some workflows. My question is how does change the user and roles administration with this new feature? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Role Maint: No change

User Maint: Who will be responsible for maint of mini master? At minimum sec will usually maintain IT0105 to link SAP userID with PERNR.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Role Maint: No change

User Maint: Who will be responsible for maint of mini master? At minimum sec will usually maintain IT0105 to link SAP userID with PERNR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply.

With this Mini Master feature, the roles should be assigned to the position or to the user? And how do you syncronize the user/position to reflect the changes?

Thanks

0 Kudos

The best way to do this is by using the search.

If you have more specific questions then that is fine, but general "how to do" questions will be locked.

Please inform us about your progress.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

This depends entirely on how you want the setup to work. In my experience most org's that use a mini-master do not use it to drive position based role assignment.

0 Kudos

Hi

I'm using HR for the first time (well - watching another user until I get an SAP account created) and I'm a little disappointed in that I thought a position was vaguely similar to a user group and would keep access across a group of users assigned to the position.

Totally misunderstood the concept

Edit - no - it's just the way my client has decided to work - sorry for any confusion...

Ah well...

Edited by: David Berry on Jun 10, 2011 1:00 PM

0 Kudos

You can assign roles to positions or org units.

0 Kudos

Hi John

Apart from getting access to the coffee machines/doors via an employee card I've yet to understand my clients' HR authorisations docs...

I'm at a novice level and (via the HR training docs) getting up to speed on these little beasties

I will break from the OP's post and, once I think I have a decent question I will raise a new post!

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Jun 11, 2011 12:26 AM