Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st01 trace file does not pick up anything

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Good day.I have profile parameters activated for ST01 and when I run the ST01 trace I get the message "no records found"

I have checked and rechecked and I am sure I am doing the steps correctly.Please help.

Thanks

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to tun on the trace only on the app server in which user to be traced logged in

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you running the trace on the same app server as the activities being traced?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, check the times for the report output. Our system has a nasty little habit of narrowing the time frame.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Logon Timezones? (most of the time, the app server is the misunderstanding though).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to tun on the trace only on the app server in which user to be traced logged in

0 Kudos

Unless the call is load balanced. For example of you start webdynpro applications from SAPgui transactions, these are started via the message server and load balanced.

Any other application which targets a server to process something in the background might specify the host name for the processing.

From a trouble shooting perspective, bigger is easier.

Also because TEST / QAS systems typically have one app server, this means that good testing quality makes your life easier in loadbalanced PROD!!

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 7, 2011 11:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are running system trace,

Select the application server where the activity has to be preformed.

Select the trace components and switch on the trace.

Get the correct filters (Process no, user, transaction, prog) and the time readings.

And while analysis give the correct inputs (user name, client, from and to timings).

Switch off the trace when the activity is finished.

Regards,

VInod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I think you are not running the trace on the same application server that the user is logged in .

First see the application server on which the user is logging in , switch to that application server and runa trace.

To swtich the application server go to SM51, and select the appropriate application server and double click on the appl server .

Then a new session will open on that application server where you can run trace.

Regards,

Jagadish

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mee [too|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22623] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Thank you for all the responses,sorry for the late reply.

I don't know the next day I did exactly the same thing and it worked

Cheers

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers