Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW Import Simulation error on journal entries for business partners

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been trying to import journal entries for business partner transactions,but running the simulation,i keep getting this error

'Enter valid code(JDT1. ContraAct)(Line:1),' C0001',Application- defined or object - defined error'65171'.

NB: 'C0001' is a customer code.

Thanks

Millicent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the sample data you showed, your values contained a comma. Try reformatting your numbers to be without commas then re-upload the data

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

thanks for the response,i guess you are talking about the comma in the amount field(1,000),i put the comma there when

displaying it here,on the template itself,there are no commas.

Edited by: Millicent Darkwah on Jun 14, 2011 12:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When importing a new entry the journal number does not need defining, the system will allocate the next number based on the series you define. I haven't used series before, but check in the system samples under templates to see if you need the series name or number here?

The header record just needs a record key so it knows which lines relate to the header

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

the journal number column on the template is mandatory.

the series column in the database reads ''primary'',but in the template it requires a number,so i left it blank,and now am getting

an error i used to get when i begun with this template simulation:

"cannot perform transaction in controlling type account JDT( Account Line:1),5011-SD-TEL-00 Application defined or object '

defined error''

NB: 5011-SD-TEL-00 is an account code for turnover for an item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milicent........

Welcome to SAP Business One Forum.....

The way you have filled up template is i guess wrong.

You have to give Sundry Debtors GL Account Code on Contra Account Column and in ShortName Column you have to put customer Code i.e. C0001....

Try it. this will help you to run the Template successfully........

Regards,

Rahul

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

thanks for the response,i tried what you suggested but i get another error

'cannot perform transaction in controlling type account (JDT1. Account (Line 1), '6022-SD-TEL-00',Application-defined or object defined error '65171'.

NB:6022-SD-TEL-00 is the account code for an item,and this i entered in the account code field in its system generated form.

Here is a sample of the template as suggested by Gordon

Parent Key- JDT Num : 1

Account Code : _SYS00000000160

Credit : 1,000

Due Date : 20110731

Sfort Name : C0001

Contra Acct : _SYS00000000315

Posting Date : 20110607

Tax Date : 20110731

NB: _SYS00000000160 is the system generated code for the item 6022-SD-TEL-00

_SYS00000000315 is also the system generated code for Trade Debtors Control Account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried in test environment that you can post this JE?

What is the header data?

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am doing this in a test system. I tried posting journal entries for business partners in the application and it worked,so i

expected the DTW to go through.

this is a sample of the header data

JDT NUM : 1

POSTING DATE : 20110607

MEMO : CREDIT SALES

TAX DATE : 20110706

VAT DATE : 20110706

SERIES : PRIMARY

DUE DATE : 20110706

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your taxdate is in next month. What is the case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Millicent......

Try this....

1.Record Key 1

2.Record Key 2

1.LineNum 0

2.LineNum 1

1.Account Code=Sundry Dbtors GL Code

2.Account Code= Contra Account/Offset account

1.Short Name=C0001

2.Short Name= Leave blank

1.Credit=1000

2.Debit=1000

Try this data in Line level template.......

Regards,

Rahul

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

The tax date is not the problem,i had tried it in the current date but i still got the same error message.

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

i tried what you suggested but i got this error

'at least one amount is required in document rows Application- defined or object -defined error'

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may try a simple query:

SELECT * FROM OJDT WHERE TransID < 10

What is the result? If you have anything showing, you have to change JDT Num to a number outside your TransID scope.

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no journal entries currently in the test database,so the query came out with no data,but i tried it in another database

with journal transations and i got 9 journal entries with transaction ids from 1-9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your JDT tables are empty, try a valid manual JE entry first.

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried a couple of journal entries and used the next available transaction id number for the import.i have also defined a

numbering series for journal entries in the test database and have therefore put in the available numbers in the series column

on on thejournal lines template document,but running the simulation for the import,i get the error,

''Series not defined for journal entry,object-defined or Application defined error'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Millicent,

Welcome you post on the forum.

How about your first posted question? You have not response for other's question. Please do so or close it. You are responsible not only asking question.

For this question, you need to post a sample data here.

Thanks,

Gordon

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

the answer to my first post was not so helpful and so i decided to manually do the entries.thanks or drawing my attension to it,i will close it now.

i have posted a sample of the data.

Regards