Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if changes are made to table maintenance screens?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement in the project whereby table maintenance of some hundreds of tables need to be regenerated. To do this, the existing table maintenance needs to be deleted and then regenerated. However, in doing so, there is always the risk that any changes made to the maintenance screens (like, making a field non-editable,changing the field label) will be lost.

Checking for any existing events is easier - we simply go to the menu item modifications -> events. Similarly, is there a way to check if anything has been changed on the existing screen, so that the same can be replicated in the new screen that will be created during regeneration?

I have already searched the forum but didn't find anything to solve my problem.

Thank You and Regards,

Vidya.

4 REPLIES 4

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vidya,

However, in doing so, there is always the risk that any changes made to the maintenance screens (like, making a field non-editable,changing the field label) will be lost.

Checking for any existing events is easier - we simply go to the menu item modifications -> events.

This is the very reason SAP recommends not to change the TMG screens manually.

There is no way you can check if there were any manual changes done to the generated screens! Of course you could refer to you project documentation,if any!

Good Luck!

Suhas.

0 Kudos

Another tip would be:

There will be a separate version, if screen was changed after first request has been released...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is a way to do it - in the 'Element List' tab of the screen, there is a column called 'Maintenance Status'. If the column contains the value 'C', it implies the field was modified.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This field is only used when you change the standard. If you want to regenerate custom TMG , you can't know what has been manually changed as people probably didn't release the generated objects before changing them (with versions, you'd be able to see the changes, but you can't be sure if people did generate the version).

The only solution I see is to generate a separate view+TMG and try to compare (not easy as you must compare each object individually, and table/view name appears lots of times if I remember well). To compare 2 objects, I recommend you to use the SAP comparison programs, they are indicated in table VERSOBJ, field REP_COMP)

Sandra