cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock availability in 999

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some stock only in 999 storage type (diffrences). When we create a sales order, system looks this units and confirm the stock for sale (but this stock does not exist physically. The stock is storage in storage type 999 because it does not exist).

Wich custom we must do to prevent system to allocated this stock when a sales order is created?

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards

Enzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Sales order will always look at the Plant level stock and the stock changes from the storage location reflects after it posts to the inventory management against the Plant. So it's always good to clear the differences in a timely manner. Use LI21 to clear the differences in that storage type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remember that 999 is an interim storage stye, SAP posts any differences to this storage stye.

Process - Your Inventory Manager / Finance Manager should on a daily basis check 999 and prio to posting they should investigate why they have entries is 999 and upon that they should clear 999 with T-code LI21.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, you must examine how the stock came in 999. If it's because of a physical inventory, you should indeed clear the differences with transaction LI21.

Generally, you should not allow order entry during an active physical inventory.

If you want to prevent that stock can be allocated to a sales order, you could also define a seperate storage location,for which the stocks are not relevant for MRP & ATP.

best regards,

Sven De Weder

Ordina Belgium

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check if the "Stringent FIFO" is activated for stock removal. If it is, check if the storage type is updated for "exception from strengent FIFO". (Path: SPRO>LE>WM>strategies>stock removal strategies-->define strategy for stringent FIFO)

Hope this will help.

Reg,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the stock in 999, post a transfer posting from Unrestricted Stock Type to Blocked Stock.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul, thanks for the answer.

To make this transfer to block stock I should use an MM transaction, so I cant indicate storage type. It means that if I have stock of this material in other storage type I would not chose from wich one i will take it.

Also, if I make this transfer, the stock goes from 999 to 920 storage type.

If you know how to do it, please tell me.

Thanks for your help

Regards