Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to IDOC

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI....PI Experts

I am early bird on PI space,

My boss just given me a XML file and asked to convert into XML using PI System.

We have a readily installed PI System in place.

What other information i have to get , know, discover to convert the XML to IDOC.

I understand ...some explicitly mapping to my XML to IDOC document structure is required. ..am i right ?

if some explain more about this, We will be greatful and move further in this requirement.

I tried this but was really not useful

-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1972bc0b8a

Regards

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI...

What data that idoc contains?

In which server you are receiving that XML file?

If you are receving in XI

you can parse it and converted in to idoc, depending on its content we can default some of the mandatory fields of idoc.

If you are receiving in ECC

you can directely process the file instead of converting it to idoc. If you want to convert it to idoc in ECC also you need to first parse it and then default mandatory fields.

M

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts

Here is my XML file

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0oDDjOO3CdbMWVjYTc4YWQtNzVhZi00MGQzLThiNDMtNDYwOGEzZTk4MTk5&hl=en_...

I request now shoot me out Questions

To Convert this XML to IDOC...what i should know more

Rgds

PR

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The XML, you have uploaded is an IDoc.

this is custom Idoc YQMPLAN.

from which system, you are picking it ?

If it is your sender, what is your receiver IDoc ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Take help from the below link.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep.......Thank U Very much again.

This is XML got generated from a IBM MQ Series box which is playing middleware for LIMS System .

The requirement is now.

We understand this as XML File

So..We should convert this to IDOC using our PI Systems

and further post int ECC...

may our assumptions may be crazy & nothing....We are early birds on XML - IDOC scearnios.

Rgds

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which is your target IDoc ?

How you are picking this XML ?

If you are picking that from folder as ABC.xml, so scenario is XML file to IDoc.

If you are picking up that directly from MQSeries, so you will make connections between MQSeries & SAP PI.

Take help for that from the link for making connection between MQSeries & SAP PI :

make scenario using XSD Schema of sender side IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR

That's an XML message in a MQ Series queue. The content is an IDoc.

If you need to create a different IDoc, you will need to map this message to the target IDoc.

Otherwise, unless you need to apply some particular rule to some field, you would not need any mapping.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

We need the IDOC type and name. See if it is standard IDOC / Custom one.

also the structure of XML, since we need to map the XML to IDOC.

Also what shud be the occurrences( single record in XML is single IDOC or complete XML is 1 IDOC)

Also once we know the IDOC info, need to have all partner profile, ports and SM59 settings to be done.

That IDOC should be present in ECC and should be released inorder to import to PI

G

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is to convert XML file to IDoc. I would recommend to look for the scenarios file to IDOC. What is your target IDOC recommended? Search SDN for file to IDOC... YOu need to do following...

sender data structure XML file.. Receiver data structure (you might have to import idoc inside PI and use as receiver data structure). This way you have to do ESR objects. Also do mapping between file and idoc as per the business requirement. Integration directory: create file sender and idoc receiver comm channel. Rest are all pretty much same. Also look for configuration for idoc .i.e between R/3 or ECC and PI.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaskar........THANK U

Before i make a deep dive understanding ......

I request to reconfirm , can i understand File to IDOC and XML to IDOC is same ?

Thank you very much for your instant reply.

Rgds

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR

XML to IDoc is a File to IDoc scenario.

However you can have flat file as source format. In this case you would need to convert flat file to XML and then map this XML structure to the target IDoc format.

Whether your scenario is a flat file to IDoc or XML to IDoc depends on sender system format.

Regards,

Giuseppe

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>can i understand File to IDOC and XML to IDOC is same ?

Yes, that is right. If your sender side file is non xml such as csv then we use file adapter with file content conversion (fcc). In your case simple. Just File adapter at the sender side and IDOC in the destination

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

take help from the below link for File to Idoc scenario :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/2007/05/11

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep......THANK U

I request to reconfirm , can i understand File to IDOC and XML to IDOC is same ?

Thanks for your unbleeivable swift reply.

Rgds

PR

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, XML Is your sender part.

IDoc is your target message.

Yes, File (XML) to IDoc is your scenario.

Use FTP Sender communication channel to pick that file.