cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report 9 Sql Server 2008 R2 compatability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use Crystal report version 9 in Sql server 2008 R2 to generate reports in web server.

Kindly tell us about the compatability of these two. If there is any support issue between these two kindly mention the same.

Edited by: Deepan1 on Jun 7, 2011 5:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CR 9 is not tested on SQL 2008 R2 server and it is not supported. CR 2008 sp3 is tested and supported SQL 2008.

You may go in hppts://help.sap.com to find relevent documents.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Thanks for the immediate response.

Currently we are working on sql server 2000/2005 with crystal 9.

But in our new project we are going to migrate to sql server 2008 R2.

i have also surfed the net, but it has no relevant data to ensure the same.

so i preferred the experts like you.

sorry for diturbing you agian, if you have any references or links or guidences to find compatability,

it will be a great help for me.

Thanks,

Deepan1

0 Kudos

Upgrade to CR 2008 SP 4 is your only option.

The Platforms file was on the CR CD or it may be in the Documents folder on install. I don't have it installed any more so I can't say exactly where it is. Search your PC for platforms.

The problem is SQL 2008 uses a new Client engine and MS renamed the DLL do CR isn't aware of it. Using the MDAC version of SQL Server OLE DB Provider may work but it won't be supported if you find errors.

If you do upgrade to CR 2008 then install the MS SQL Server 2008 Client Tools from the CD or download the MSI from Microsoft and then use the MS SQL Server Native 10 client and it should all work for you.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Thanks for your response.

Need the document details link for the compatabilty. The link you provide has above 9 version.

Since it is crystal version 9, i need your help to guide whether to use it with sql server 2008 R2.

Thanks

Deepan1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepn1,

I could not find supported platforms document for CR9, I am sure CR9 will not work with SQL 2008 R2. You may get connected to SQL butsometimes it will produce unexpeted results.

Thanks,

Sastry