cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 7.0 Enhancement Pack 1 (EHP1) - Table creation question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question regarding table creation and whether the new features in EHP1 can help. What I would like to do is create a custom table that can be modified (ie: add, change, delete) and have the BW extractors automatically generated. I tried two approaches with only limited success.

First approach:

The first table I created was a Z table using SE16. After creating the table I added a few records to it again using SE16. I then used the Rapid Application Builder to create an application to use this table. Once the application was created I was able to embed the table in the Opportunities screen and access the data that I created.

The Rapid Application Builder was simple enough to use but appears to me to be very limited in what it can do regarding Z tables. I am only able to display data from the Z table. I cannot modify, add, or delete records. In addition there was no option to generate the BW extractor code.

Second approach:

Since I was not able to edit the data in the Z table I thought I might try a different approach. Again the goal being to create a table via the new functionality in EHP1 and have the capability to modify, add, or delete records and have the BW extractor code generated. What I tried next was to generate a table using the new EHP1 table creation functionality and that appeared to work correctly. It gave me the option to generate the BW extractor code and I thought that maybe I had the problem solved. Once the table was generated I thought I could create another Rapid Application and instead of pointing it to my Z table I could point it to my newly generated table. However when I tried to do that I got an error message stating my generated table was part of a different enhancement and that it could not be selected.

In addition to not being able to select the table through Rapid Application, I do not see a way to display the generated table on the Opportunity screen. My assumption was that if I couldn't tie the generated table to the Rapid Application Builder I could at least display the generated table on the Opportunity screen. The table generated successfully, however I cannot find a way to display the table. My assumption was that it would be behave similar to a newly generated field in that you can select the field for display either through page configuration or through an individual assignment block.

Any thoughts, ideas, or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Barry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update... I did manage to find some documentation that has been helpful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/EN/cb/003aca371f429fae641feb9de3a2fe/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I'm facing the same issue here. How did you solve the problem? Have you implemented the Badi AXT_RT_TABLES_AUTHORITY_CHECK?

Kind regards,

Chahid

Edited by: Chahid Kharmich on Sep 30, 2011 9:56 AM