cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set a report to have an audit trail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Business Objects Enterprise and am having a difficult time getting an audit trail set up for reports. If reports are scheduled, then the audit trail exists. But if the reports are manually generated, no audit trail exists. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Dawn Michelle on Jun 7, 2011 11:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Auditing database maybe?

Other than writing your own front end app that allows users to run reports on demand and keeping track yourself, I do not think there is any way to do this.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when a user logs into Info View and generates a report, there is no way to track this? We are dealing with sensitive patient information and all views of patient data are required to be logged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction to original post: I am using Crystal Reports Server, not Business Objects Enterprise

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way I could suggest is to set security rights so that users can't view on demand and are required to schedule the report and then view it so they can have the audit trail. Your other option is to look at the auditing functionality and see if it can do what you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I get to the "auditing functionality"? Where are those settings?

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would probably be best to ask that question in [this forum|; as this one is about the SDK's.

Answers (0)