cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiating Direct and Indirect Spend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There is a requirement where all the data from ECC is being brought in SPM. This consists of direct spend as well as indirect spend (services, consulting, other sundry expenses). Is there a way we can use some indicator which can be used to identify the direct/indirect spend?

The intention is to compare Direct vs Indirect spend and generate reports based on this.

Are there any best practices to implement this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards, Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP doesnt provide any indicator to differentiate Direct vs. Indirect, understandably as the business needs to differentiate it. Usually your type of spend is differentiated at the material group (Category) level or material level. There are a dozen ways to skin a cat in SAP. You can create a mapping table based on category and material as applicable and have a indicator to represent the spend type and you can look up this table while extraction (data extraction kit) and fill it in a SAP provided field or a Z field. Or enhance your standard mara or material group to include a field to differentiate and enhance your extractor to map to the newly added fields.

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I am trying to find Direct/indirect vendor/spend. Do you know the table/field that differentiates between 2 in SAP. I tried finding the field as mentioned in this post but couldn't. Need your help. Thank you.

Kind regards

Zafar Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zafar and Ankur,

Have you guys got the answer for this querry? What is the strategy you used for differentiaitng these spends in SAP? Pl let me know.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another way to distinguish is based on the document type. If for all your MRP (stock) related purchases have a document type ZNB and non-stock/non-MRP have other PO document types, then you can use this as criterion to distinguish direct and indirect spend.

It all depends on each customer how they classify a spend as direct or indirect.

Rgds,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

In order to differentiate between direct and indirect spend there is a field "ASADRCTSP" which allows only two values "SSADRCTSP" indicating direct spend and "SSANDRCTSP" indicating indirect spend.

Regards,

Vimal G

0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I was searching for the same info and got your reply. do you have the table name for this field. Kindly forward me the information. Thank you much.

Regards

Zafar