cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing balance of january to be carried forward as February opening bal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am looking for the script logic which helps me to carry the closing balance of a month to the next month as opening balance. Please can anyone help me with the code.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KumarMG

Edited by: KumarMG on Jun 7, 2011 4:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means you are not performing carryforward, but carry forard + adjust the closing balances, right?

In this case, I doubt if the busiess rule will work; but as you said, a script logic with ACOUNT look up in the scope of the script may do the job.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can consider using the Account Transformation Business Rules to perfrom this calculation. You can put a -1 in the Period column to read data from the previous period and right them back to the current period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What you have understood is correct. I am not only carrying forward but I am trying to capture the adjustments within the month and the final balance at the end of the month to be carried forward to next month as opening balance.

Thanks for the suggestion but I would be more glad if you can give an example of the script logic with "Acct lookup".

Regards,

KumarMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Even I will try your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

There is a business rule "Copy Opening" which does the same thing.

You can use that instead of doing it through script logic.

Thanks

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anjali,

Can you give brief explanation of your answer. Next it will only copy for one particular month or for all the months..

No wI will reframe my question in this way:

Jan: OB = Rs. 1000 (F_100)

+ Rs. 500 (F_120)

CB = Rs. 1500 (F_999)

Feb: OB = Rs. 1500 (F_100) = (F_999 of Jan)

+ Rs. 300 (F_120)

CB = Rs. 1800 (F_999)

Mar: OB = Rs. 1800 (F_100) = (F_999 of Feb)

+ Rs. 400

CB = Rs. 2200

Apr: OB = Rs. 2200

+ -

CB = Rs. 2200

So if the above can the be done in business rule or script logic?

Regards,

KumarMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

From consolidation perspective, carry forward is a period-end activity and has to be done every period. CATEGORY dimension has a property called OPENING_PERIOD which can be used to define the source period from where you want to copy the data. The target period is defined as variable in the data manager package. So you have to run it for each period.

Normally, we bring closing balances from ECC (or any other source system) and also load supplemental movements types (F_120 etc). Then we use default logic (as shown below) to check the data integrity and post differences in error flow.

[ACCDETAILDIM].[#F_ERR] =IIF([ACCOUNTDIM].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("DIMLIST1")="L1_E", [ACCDETAILDIM].[F_999] - [ACCDETAILDIM].[F_100] - [ACCDETAILDIM].[F_120] + [ACCDETAILDIM].[F_140],0)

Say if you are loading periodic data from source systems (ECC) and want to calculate the closing balance from openings/movements then you can create a script logic for the same. You can also use transformation rules and post the closing balances.