cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Quotation - Forecast consumption?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Here is my scenario - Our planners would like to see the consumption of forecasted inventory in the future (like in MCBZ) with the sales quantity by material. Since we do not create any Sales Orders unless there is a real customer need, I was thinking about using Sales Quotation. Does Sales Quotation consume Forecast? If not, can you please suggest other options?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you forecasting for the purpose of current requirement vs the stock available i.e for production purposes or is it a sales forecasting?

If you are not creating sales orders which have subsequent deliveries & goods issue posting, how can you record sales consumption? How does the system know that the material/stock has been consumed unless the material is physically out of the plant and sold to a customer?

A quotation wont fulfill this requirement since it is just a legally binding document without inventory or value changes to it.

You may use LIS/SIS infostructure reports to check material for production, however sales consumption analysis is not possible unless sales order are created.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)