cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool - ODBC connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting the following message when I try to use an Universe to create a WebI report or in Dashboard Design.

Database error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application. (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)

What I did?

1. I created a ODBC connection on a MS SQL 2008 database in 32 bit ODBC source Adminsitrator.

2. I created connection in IDT based on that ODBC connection and then Created Data foundation and Business Layer on that connection. I also published it onto the Enterprise.

3. I tested the universe and also got values in IDT using query.

4. I wanted to create WebI report based on that universe and then I get the above error message.

I am very thankfull to any input.

/Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Given that you've published it, have you used the 32-bit version on the Webi server? I suspect this is where the problem lies. The 32 bit version is c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe while the 64-bit driver is at c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Me Map,

Can you please explain more what do you mean by "have you used the 32-bit version on the Webi server?"

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two versions of the ODBC admin tool, found as I described above.

While you may have used the correct one locally, the 64-bit version may have been used to set up the ODBC connection on the Webintelligence server. If you have access to the server, recreate the ODBC connection using the 32-bit version.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Me map,

I created the ODBC connection and Universe on the server itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This also happened to me after installing the new version of SAPBO 4.0 on a Windows 2003 Server 64bit and trying to connect to SQL Server 2008 64bit. I created an ODBC connection 32bit and the Universe was OK but the reports not. After trying a lot of different options I deleted the 32bit ODBC connection and I created the 64bit. Now the Universe has the ODBC error, but the reports runs OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem..but i didnt understand your solution..can u explain again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello werwerhudhe,

There are two ODBS administration tools on the machine worked(may be because I worked on server directly). We created two ODBC connections using those both tools (files odbcad32.exe) to solve the problem.

My suggestion is search for the file "odbcad32.exe" on your machine you are working and create ODBC connection with the same name in all of the found ODBC administrators.

If you are working on client machine create ODBC connection with same name even on the server.

Hope it helps.

/Suman

0 Kudos

Also note that MS SQL Server 2008 requires that you install the Client Tools to get the new Native client engine called "MS SQL Native 10". MS does not support the MDAC SQLNCLI.dll in SQL 2008. Search MS MSDN for more info on client support.

When you create your DSN's in either \sytem32 ( 64 bit ODBC Admin ) or \syswow64 ( 32 bit ODBC admin ) use the updated driver as the driver.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i use sqldriver10.dll.

but i have still error.

0 Kudos

It's not clear what BOE version you are using?

Also, if you are using 64 bit BOE 4.0 then it requires the 64 bit MS DB Client to be installed. If you are using BOE 3.1 or older then it's 32 bit only and requires the 32 bit client to be installed.

Also, the DSN's MUST be created as a System DSN so the Web server has access to it.

If that doesn't work then I suggest your create a case in SMP and work with a Rep to debug the connection problem.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

i use BO 4.0.

bu i dont know 32 or 64 bit ? also client..

how can i know?

My environment

-Bo 4.0

-Sql Server 2008 64 bit.

-DSN in the System DSN(tried for 32 bit odbc and 64 bit odbc)

0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are on BOE 4.0 then it's 64 bit client install that is needed so install the 64 bit client on the BOE Server and it shoudl connect with out problems. Assuming the Server is 64 bit also or MS supports 64 client to 32 bit Server.

If that doesn't work I suggest creating a case and work with a Rep to debug the issue.

Don