cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Prompts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to display a report, where it gets the current date as a prompt. But the data it interprets are like weekly basis.

For example, if the current date is 09th May 2011. The report should get the immediate last saturday (07th May) as the current week. and i need to display the data for previous weeks too. the dates to be displayed for the weeks should be a saturday.

How can i get it done?

For getting the dates of the previous week, do i need to negate 7 from the current week(07th May)?

or

Do i need to choose the start and end dates of a week (if the above is not feasible) to reduce the complexity?

Edited by: mhsrinivasan on Jun 7, 2011 3:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Do you have a calendar table in your universe? We do similar weekly reporting, and in the Dates hierarchy, we have a week with week start date (Saturday), week end date (Friday), week number etc.

This means we can produce reports as a crosstab week by week and the prompts are just to select the range of dates.

For automation, you can use the current date attribute in Business Objects to compare with week start date or week end date as appropriate - for example, to pick up completed weeks, you would pick where week end date < today. No prompts needed!

Of course, you can use a prompted date similarly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From Universe Perspective:

We have 3 different data sources, Out of that one of the resource is having Date_Time table (Calendar Table) you have mentioned about. And the Data are coming from Aggregate aware Measures.

Answers (0)