<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->
<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->
<!--LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/-->
<!--NAME[T:\\usr\\sap\\jupgrade\\log\\CHECKS.LOG]/-->
<!--PATTERN[CHECKS.LOG]/-->
<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.ListFormatter]/-->
<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->
<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->
#1.5 #C0000A25023100000000425359C9B9CA0004A51CC6D5CF78#1307442920411#/System/Server/Upgrade/Checks##com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeCheckOSDB.handleReason(PhaseTypeCheckOSDB.java:297)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeCheckOSDB.handleReason(PhaseTypeCheckOSDB.java:297)#Java###Operating system version {0} is too low. You need at least version {2}.#4#AMD64 5.2#MSS 10.0.2734#[AMD64 6.0,AMD64 6.0]##

It occurs in the \usr\sap\jupgrade\log\CHECKS.LOG file, when I run the 'General Checks' stage of the' PREPARE Module Status' program.

I am trying to patch a SAP 7.01 SAP Portal to EHP2. The server is running Windows 2003 SP2, MS SQL Server 2008 SP1. I believe that the versions of both the OS and DB are sufficient for EHP2. The upgrade will use a 7.2 kernel and I think that the software versions are sufficient for that too.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it maybe possible that you are using a 32bit upgrade master and you have a 64bit operating system?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No the CD and OS are both okay.

There is only 1 version of the Upgrade Master CD (https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~swdc/012002523100014070092010E/CDLABEL.htm?_ACTION=CONTENT_INFO). This contains 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

I am running the 64 bit version of Windows Server 2003 SP2.

I didn't get any errors when I mounted any of the CD's (it would have checked for compatibility at that point).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more ideas please?

I have chased SAP OSS twice but have not had a reply.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is just warning and you can ignore it. But you can consider upgrading your window to 2008 version.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I am reluctant to ignore it because it does say 'error', not 'warning'.

Unfortunately I am not able to upgrade to Windows Server 2008 at this time.

I also raised this question with SAP OSS yesterday, but they have not replied yet.

Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you patch SAPup?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't use SAPup.

I have run the jprepare.bat (from the Upgrade Master CD) and have included the correction package and steps (as per OSS note 1267573).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upgrading to Win 2008 will be cumbersome. And I'd go with Sunny, the error message can be ignored. The installation should go absolutely fine. Tried and tested. The OS and DB version is most definetly enough.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to continue by selecting:

Reselect PREPARE modules to be executed again

and chose Finalization. Then Continue.

But it says:

Module selection is invalid Unable to execute module 'Finalization'. Module 'Finalization' can run only after module 'General checks' has run successfully

Then I ran the General checks module again, but it failed again with the same error.

Please can you suggest how I can proceed?

Thanks.