cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

year and prior year

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table that shows General Ledger ending balances for each period of the year. Each line is listed by the Year as in the following example.

2010 ClosingBalancePeriod1 ClosingBalancePeriod2 ClosingBalancePeriod3 etc

2011 ClosingBalancePeriod1 ClosingBalancePeriod2 ClosingBalancePeriod3 etc

I would like to be able to display not only the current year and period of my choosing but the previous year and period for comparison.

I have the year and month set up as a parameter but want it to display the current year and balance along with the previous year and balance depending on the year and month I chose in the parameter

For example: I choose 2011 as the year and April as the month then my formula would read:

if {?Month} = "4" then

What do I add to the formula to also show the same information for the previous year and month?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YOu will need 2 formula for each period

@CurrMth

if {?Month} = "4" and = {?Year} = then @PYrMth if {?Month} = "4" and = {?Year}-1 = then

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian

Thank you so much for your reply.

I tried what you suggested however, I just get zero for an answer.

I already have one formula for @CurrMth. it shows:

if {?Month} = "4" then

This is because I set up the parameters to choose what year and month.

When I create another formula showing your suggested @PyrMth I get zero. Could this be because you are showing the = -1? This would indicate to me that it is looking for the parameter I chose ie 2011 to equal 2010 which would cause the formula to fail.

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is you select statement doing.

If you are filtering on Year = 2011 then you will never see prior year data.

Ian

Answers (0)