cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering items from one Vendor to another vendor.

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here we have a requirement to close a particular vendor and transfer all the items from this vendor to a new vendor. We dont want to post further items into that vendor. For this,please advise me on the following:

a) whether we can block the vendor for further transactions and at the same time keep this account active till all the open items in the vendor are processed ? viz. can we allow both these scenario at the same time to a vendor account ?

b) How I can take a list of open PRs, POs, GR not invoiced, IRs for which GR not done from the MM side ?

c) How can I transfer all the open PRs, POs, GRs, IRs from the old vendor to a new Vendor ? (I am looking for Tcodes for these)

d) I also want that a payment term defaulted from the Vendor Master record in the transactions like PRs, POs, should not be able to be changed by the user. Is it possible to make the payment term field in the POs, PRs as display only ?

Since this is very critical for me, please offer your comments.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can block vendor for purchasing, in this case if you post invoices only based on PO it will fix your issue

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the valuable inputs

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Find enclosed the replies:

1. the std sap would not allow you to process only payments and not allow you to post the invoices. Ideally, you should find all the open po and complete the invoice verification. There after transfer all the open items to a new vendor account and close the old vendor account. If however, the business restrictions do not allow you to do so and line items are too large, you may make use of validation rules to achieve this. In GGB0, you could set up a validation step as under:

Prerequisite

BSEG-LIFNR= X and BKPF-BUKRS=1000

Check

SYSTUM-CODE= FBZ1 or F-53 or F110

The system will return an error message if the validation fails

However, this is not recommended to use everytime, as it slows down the transaction processing.

2. You can find the open PO through ME2N or if you want the status till invoice, use ME80FN

3. If you are doing MIRO/FB60, there is an option to change Invoicing Party under the details tab.

4. You should set up the user exit in the PO and PR that does not allow to change the Payment terms defaulted from Vendor Master. One of the user exit for PO I can remember is MCP20008 EXIT_SAPLMCP2_008 . Check with your MM Colleague on the same

Regards

Sanil

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When we transfer the invoice item from one vendor to another vendor through F-51 (Through transfer posting with clearing), will the history of PO, GR, etc. will be transferred to the new vendor ? (Why I am asking is the payable in FI was caused from MM posting. Hence when you assign a payable from one vendor to another, that history also should be transferred, right ?)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

No it will not happen so. Only the balance from one vendor to another will be transferred but the original assignment like PO, PR will continue to belong to the old vendor. This is for your information since these information are saves at the time of PO creation in various condition data from MM side and table EKBE will not get automatically updated.

Regards

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to have the history also transferred. If that is the case, that you want to have the history also in the new vendor on the MM side, you need to cancel your GRN (Provided material is in stock). There after modify the vendor in PO, than do GRN and than do invoice verification

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

All Financial Transaction can be transfered to one vendor to other by a JV entry.

But the Logistic transaction can not be transfer from one supplier to other supplier. for this first check all PRs, POs, if any open then close it and complete the GR/IR cycle if any is in between.

thanks.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

1st thing with a blocked vendor you can not process open items in in it. The idea here is to open new vendor and transfer the balance with F-51.

2nd requirement can be met from ME2L by giving RECHUNG in selection criteria of report, it will show you Open PO status.

For your third requirement i do not think so it is possible however you can ask an MM consultant , he will give better picture.

Payment term field in PO & PR screen can be easily made display only with the help of SHD0 screen variant.

Hope it will help

Regards