cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM storage bin stock and ATP check

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

when I execute a transaction LT01 to create a TO, the system does not give any message in case an indicated quantity is not all available. The system creates the TO correctly only for the quantity available but with out a warning message. My question is if there is a possibility make it functioning interactivally?

I was remembering that there is a possibilty to activate ATV check at storage bin level but now I can not find where it could be set.. Perhaps I remember totally wrong?

King regards

Jari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Many thanks for your support.

Regards

Jari

0 Kudos

I try to explain by an example:

I transfer a stock from storage bin A to storage bin B by LT01, so it is purely an internal stock transfer within WMS. To do this I enter a material code and a quantity 100 PC to be transferred. In case an available quantity in a storage bin A is less than 100 PC for instance 90 PC, a system creates correctly a TO only for 90 PC without any communication. Would be great if the system gives an warming message during a creation of TO that u201COnly 90 PZ are availableu201D.

Repeat, I was remembering that a ATP check could be done in this situation, nut perhaps I am wrong.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP says in OSS 1595843 - No warning message is issued for a short pick in transaction LT01 :

Transaction LT01 is use for internal warehouse moves (bin to bin transfer). Even if the requested amount is higher on the initial input screen, it is only physically possible to move what is actually available in that bin. As the TO is always manually created, it is assumed that the warehouse operator is aware of the stock that is being moved from point A to point B.

Read the full note it has a resolution for you

0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, the ATP check as usually is done at plant level or MRP area level. Any way I am talking about ATP check at bin level. As you certainly know, a total stock at bin level can be viewed/divided to stock for put away, stock for pinking and stock available. By Lt01 I transfer a stock from A to B by creating a TO. Only a available quantity can be transferred and that is correct. This is only an internal stock transfer without any logical consumption. As the system correctly allows me to transfer only an available quantity, why it is done without warning a message?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what warning would you expect if you move available stock ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen an ATP check at bin level.

ATP check is usually done at plant level and can be done at storage location level if you plan the storage location seperatly (MRP 4 view at storage location level MRP indicator=2)

what do you actually do with a LT01? you move a material from A to B, you do not consume, so why whould there be an effect to ATP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.