cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering items from one Vendor to another vendor.

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am a FI consultant. Here we have a requirement to close a particular vendor and transfer all the items from this vendor to a new vendor. We dont want to post further items into that vendor. For this,please advise me on the following:

a) whether we can block the vendor for further transactions and at the same time keep this account active till all the open items in the vendor are processed ? viz. can we allow both these scenario at the same time to a vendor account ?

b) How I can take a list of open PRs, POs, GR not invoiced, IRs for which GR not done from the MM side ?

c) How can I transfer all the open PRs, POs, GRs, IRs from the old vendor to a new Vendor ? (I am looking for Tcodes for these)

d) I also want that a payment term defaulted from the Vendor Master record in the transactions like PRs, POs, should not be able to be changed by the user. Is it possible to make the payment term field in the POs, PRs as display only ?

Since this is very critical for me, please offer your comments.

Note : Please follow forum rules,search forum before posting,one post one question.

Edited by: Jeyakanthan A on Jun 8, 2011 3:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not tranfer open PO to another vendor from existing vendor.You can do one thing first you close all open items related to old vendor then shitch on procring activities to new venodr then close old vendor.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you've got open POs i.e. only partial GR or no GR, there is a method to 'transfer' the PO to a new vendor in the sense of creating a PO with the same details except for vendor. Use tx ME21N and create with reference to the 'old' PO. This will copy in the 'old' vendor too but you can change this prior to saving.

Mark old PO items as complete or delete depending if partial GR/no GR etc. etc.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can block a venor for a purchasing organisation in MK05, so new purchasing activities cannot be performed.

once all business is done, you can block the vendor at company code level too in FK05.

Purchasing dcoument lists can be pulled per vendor using ME2L transaction.

Based on the selection parameter you can retrieve open POs.

PRs list can be created with ME5A.

How can I transfer all the open PRs, POs, GRs, IRs from the old vendor to a new Vendor ? (I am looking for Tcodes for these)

Usually there is no need to transfer PRs, it is enough to assign a new source if there is a source assignment to the unwanted vendor. This can be done in ME52N and ME56 and ME57.

Open POs can be deleted (ME22N) and recreated with the new vendor (ME21N).

You should not delete POs which have already a receipt but not yet an invoice, or have an invoice but not yet a GR. If you want delete such POs, then you you should first cancel the receipt/invoice. But this can be very work intensive, as the goods may already been consumed (which requires that you cancel the consummtion first .....)

if a field is open for maintenance is defined in customizing OLME > purchase order > Define Screen Layout at Document Level

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Let me clarify as follows:

"you can block a venor for a purchasing organisation in MK05, so new purchasing activities cannot be performed.

once all business is done, you can block the vendor at company code level too in FK05."

== Does this mean we can block and at the same time continue posting with the items already pending in the old vendor ?

"Open POs can be deleted (ME22N) and recreated with the new vendor (ME21N)."

== Does this mean that we cannot transfer the POs from old vendor to new vendor ?

"You should not delete POs which have already a receipt but not yet an invoice, or have an invoice but not yet a GR"

== What should be done in this case ? Can we complete the GR or IR as the case may be with already pending items ?

Please offer your valuable comments .

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One more clarification:

"if a field is open for maintenance is defined in customizing OLME > purchase order > Define Screen Layout at Document Level"

== Here I can make the field as 'required', 'optional' or 'display'. Fine. But if I make this as 'display' only, what about those vendors where there is no payment term entered in the Master record ? (in those cases, we need to input the field in the PO). Can we configure this field on a combination or vendor group/purchase order ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more clarification:

>

> "if a field is open for maintenance is defined in customizing OLME > purchase order > Define Screen Layout at Document Level"

>

> == Here I can make the field as 'required', 'optional' or 'display'. Fine. But if I make this as 'display' only, what about those vendors where there is no payment term entered in the Master record ? (in those cases, we need to input the field in the PO). Can we configure this field on a combination or vendor group/purchase order ?

No, this field customizing is not dependend on the vendor master data, and cannot be set indivdually.

If you want it display only in the PO, then you have to make sure that the field is required in the vendor master to avoid such situation to create POs without payment term

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> == Does this mean we can block and at the same time continue posting with the items already pending in the old vendor ?

yes you can set a purchasing block and still pay this vendor.

> == Does this mean that we cannot transfer the POs from old vendor to new vendor ?

yes this is meant with this answer.

You have to inform your vendor that you deleted the PO, and you have to place a new PO at a new vendor, this cannot be made in one step, the table design does not support such change, there is no "old vendor number" field in the purchasing document table EKKO.

Just imagine, such option would allow to replace vendor ABC with XYZ, not just replacing a vendor number of the same physical vendor.

> == What should be done in this case ? Can we complete the GR or IR as the case may be with already pending items ?

Yes, partially completed business cases should just be completed over the time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change source list of all the materials procured from old vendor - and specify new vendor effective today.

Run mass processing transaction MEMASSPO. Select table MASSEKPO, Select field MASSEKKO-LIFNR (vendor) and MASSEKPO-ELIKZ (Delivery complete) - and execute.

In the next screen, click bottom-rightmost button "Choose selection fields" - and add both the above fields. Then, put the old vendor number in vendor field, and equal-to-blank for delivery-complete field - and execute.

This will give you all the line-items for old vendor where delivery is not complete. Do mass change to put delivery-complete indicator. This will effectively short-close all existing POs, and at the same time you will be able to process balance IRs.

Now run MRP with planning-mode = 3 (Delete and recreate planning data). This should create new orders for new vendor.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MRP never creates orders. it creates requisitions that need to be converted to a PO(if everything is well maintianed then this can be done with auto PO creation ME59N)

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When we block this vendor in the purchasing area, a PO already existing can be posted with a GR or a GR already existing can be posted with an Invoice ?