cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I am using Auto UD program to do the Auto UD, We have Long term characteristics. Program is doing the UD of the lots for which no result recording is done, as per the program it should not do? Whether my understanding is correct.

We are getting another error, actually we do not post stock to quality stock it goes directly to the un-restricted, program is giving error Error during quantity posting for inspection lot manual proc. required why this error is coming?

Lot for which UD is done program is doing the 311 mvt with same plant and storge location.

Please throw some light on AUTO UD program functionality

Thanks in Advance

Ramakant

0 Kudos

Are you looking about long term inspection Refer REM Inspection type 13

Check below settings

1)BOM

2)Rate routing or routing

3)MM

4)Production Version

5)Assembly Confirmation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakant,

I am not so sure which program you are talking about? Whether you have developed any special program with ABAP help or you are using QA17 transaction code for planning auto UD.

In order for the system to be able to carry out an automatic usage decision, the following conditions must be met. Check whether you are missing any of these.

1. None of the characteristics has been rejected in the inspection lot.

2. All the required characteristics should have been confirmed and closed

3. No defect records exist for the inspection lot

4. An automatic usage decision has been planned / scheduled for the material

5. The parameters for the automatic usage decision is defined in the Customizing application. In the QM plant settings, you define the time interval that must expire after an inspection lot is created and before an automatic usage decision can be made. This allows you to intervene manually in the automatic process.

6. Skipped lots are also taken into consideration when the automatic usage decision is made. A distinction is made between normal and skipped lots when the parameters are defined.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Firefighter and Anand

Thanks for the reply

I am using the standard Auto UD program RQEVAI30

I have not done any result recording there is no user exit or enhancement used in standard program, still the program is doing the UD for the lot of 04 inspection type. why this is happening? Remaining all required setting are there in config and material master level

Firefighter

Second question i am getting that error in Auto UD program only i checked the lots for which UD has been done there system is doing the 311 mvt for the material to the same plant and storage location. This is may be because of we are not posting the stock directly to unrestricted at the time of GR. But why that error is coming for other materials where quantity is available

hope my question is clear

regards

Ramakant

Edited by: ramakant shekapure on Jun 8, 2011 7:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Check you MICs, are they marked as optional?

Am not getting your second question.....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, the auto UD program does not consider the long term characteristics. So since all your characteristics are longterm, there is no reason not to make the UD.

I'm not sure about the 311 stock movement. I'll have to check a system later on to see what SAP delivers in the standard system for the stock postings. I don't think that movement is normally done. Are you sure no one changed the movements assigned to the various stock posting lines in config?

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For you second question I'm not sure I followed the thread correctly.

I think you have materials that get posted directly to unrestricted and don't go to QI. And you also have materialst do go to QI.

In standard SAP the system shoudl use 321 to movestock from QI to unrestricted. It uses 311 when stock went directly to unrestricted.

I think you are saying that for materials already in unrestricted inventoy the 311 is throwing an error message during the Auto UD? Is that correct?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Firefighter

You got it correctly, materials those are in unrestricted it is doing 311 mvt type i found the issue that stocks are moved or consumed for that batches so it is giving the qty posting error. But there are some lots for which no 311 is done still program is doing UD or you can say stock is not there then also it is doing UD.

We don't have material which go to QI stk all are posted to unrestricted

regards

ramakant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you having any follow up action defined with the UD code?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UD's and stock postings are separate items. So you can do a UD without doing the stock post in and vice versa. So the UD can be done and the stock posting can error. And yes... If you consume the stock in unrestricted, then yes, I can see you getting the error.

This is a reason SAP has that transaction that should be a daily or weekly part of a lab manager's job. Look at QVM2 and have them run that as a daily job activity.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakant,

did you find any solution for the first issue? I have inspection lots with long term characteristics and the program is setting the UD when it should be set only for short term characteristics.

Thank you.

Best regards.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When using the auto UD you should have at least one short term characteristic. The Auto UD only takes into consideration short-term characteristics.

I'm not sure I follow the second question about the stock posting error. Is this error associated with the Auto UD or is it a separate issue?

FF