cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP_CREATE failed when executing RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of IdM 7.2 implementation, we are trying to extract the data from HCM to VDS and did configured the steps as mentioned in the Configuration steps. When I ran the RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM program I get these errors in the log tables.

Local Error Occured

LDAP_CREATE failed

Object Not found.

Any know what am I doing wrong here. I've made sure my passwords are correct on the LDAP and VDS side.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you may use ldap t code to test ldap connector.

if ok, then

you may check the operational log of the VDS, if the ldap extraction is communicating with VDS (if you find any log then the LDAP connector is communication with VDS) then that may be a problem between VDS and the IC (Identity Center) database.

depending on the log of the operational log you may proceed.

one more thing to check is the database tab on the the VDS, DATA SOURCES - Singles - IC Identity Store, then go to Database tap.

by default the database connection string and the driver is not set, if so set it and use the same connection string from MC settings, go to TOOLS-OPTIONS, then go to Java tab and copy the JDBC driver jar to the JDBC Driver: on VDS Database tab.

also you may copy the connection string from the database tab of the MC under Runtime engine - java RT JDBC URL to the Database: field of the Database proprieties of the VDS.

you may also want to set the global Constant HR_STAGING_AREA_IDS_ID on the MC to the correct HCM staging area ID (by default it is not set).

Edited by: ghamdi.ahmed on Feb 22, 2012 6:33 PM

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe,

Couple of things to check here...

Did you load the HCM configuration in VDS? Is it running? You might want to configure it to run as a service?

Are the parameters correct in your repository?

HTH?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by HCM configuration on VDS side. If you are referring to the mapping attributes yes I've done that.

Thanks,

Joe.P

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VDS you need to load the configuration and do some customization. Have you done this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've done configuration on VDS side. As per SAP's documentation I'm going with the standard query extracts from SAP HCM, in that case I don't need to customize anything on VDS side. Not sure what customization are you talking about.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Make sure that your Staging Area Idenity Store is set with "automatically creates new attributes" or at least that all attributes used in mapping are correctly created into your Staging Area Schema and linked with entrytype HCM_EMPLOYEE

It often comes from attribute "CN" not created.

Hope this will help.

Benjamin

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VDS needs to be set up for the correct identity store. After that it's all about the creation of the LDAP Extract which it seems you've done. If you're getting an LDAP error, either the VDS instance / service is not running or it's not configured correctly. I'd suggest reimporting the VDS config per the documentation.

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

One other thing that you can check is that the user ID running the export from the HCM system has a role with the S_LDAP authorization object and the 01 activity (create or generate). I've seen the lack of this authorization cause errors before in the Extract program.

Jared