cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance sheet values to COPA/PCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

We need to allocate and take few Balance Sheet account values as well to COPA OR PCA for finer reporting, any pointers on this shall be very helpful?

Thanks

Balla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balla,

Can we understand the business requirement a bit more clearly. I'll put down the background as per my understanding.

1. PCA - the requirement is to have the balance sheet at profit center wise - If you are using ECC6.0 all you need to do is set up document splitting functionality. Once this is done, all the documents (P/L and B/S) will have the profit center mandatorily and the balance sheet is possible at PC level. Of course you can imaging that with this PCA has become redundant.

2. COPA - I do not understand why a balance sheet item will come to balance sheet should come to any profitablity analysis ever? As I'm analysing the profitability at any level i will not require the balance sheet item in any case unless you are trying to achieve something else with COPA. Do you want to recheck the requirement or can you please explain the exact business requirement?

Best Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the interest.

To bring more clarity, after calculating the PAT / Net Profit in COPA for a given Segment,etc, we need to include statistical values calculated based on Balance Sheet accounts and then include add/deduct them to PAT to bring something called VA=Value Add

Eg: We will calculate inventory turns/ratios divided by 13,etc and add that..Product wise below PAT, we will deduct AP outstanding average balances...etc

Thanks

Balla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you can do is to calculate your balance sheet figures elsewhere and POST them to CO-PA value fields created for your purpose using KE21N.

After that you can calculate additional key figures with this posted values and your already existing CO-PA results.

But keep in mind that a profitability segment can contain a huge number of characteristics, your balance sheet figures will only cover a small portion of them (comp. code, profit center, maybe some inventory figures can be associated with customers (depending on your business)).

BR Christian

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For balance sheet accounts to be in PCA (classic PCA), you have to represent them in 3KEH transaction. Please, specify your question...

Regards,

Eli

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to post balance sheet items to COPA you would need to create B/S G/L accounts as cost elements. This is not allowed nor recommended. Also COPA is meant to analyse profit and loss accounts not balance sheet accounts.

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

PCA can be used for balance sheet account values, but whats your question exactly? And do you use NewGL or classic GL?

Best regards, Christian