cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma invoices for non-valuated returnable packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

just wondering whether it is required to send a proforma invoice for non-valuated returnable packaging that is sent across a border.

Can anybody help me on that one?

Thx in advance!

Regards,

B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boban,

It iagain depends on the domain practise. If you donot need any supporting documents, then you need not. But strange considering that the packaging materials come backs to India and the fact that you donot wanna track the same.

Thanks,

Nithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Going by std SAP best practices, if you are sending materials across the border and also entering foreign trade export data in your sales documents it is advisable to have a proforma invoice for your returnable packaging materials else they may be subject to other taxes, customs or excise duty.

You may check with SAP Global Trade Solutions to check about the implications in detail.

[SAP GTS|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts70/helpdata/en/1d/8082ab7248f74ca09861d9713b9a52/content.htm]

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thanks for your answer....

One piece of information, which I omitted was:

We don't have a sales doc for that purpose. We sent returnable packaging without reference back and we DO NOT maintain foreign trade data here!

Regards,

B.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know through which document, it is being sent. But from SAP point of view, if you want to track the items sent like that, at a later date, then you need to generate a proforma.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi