Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library class to create material in standard material Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Hi,

I need to create a proxy class which will create material in standard Material Table.I cannot find a library class for the same in my tabel ........now want to create it a proxy library class which would create material in standard R3 table like mara ......

Please help me out as i am new to ABAP.

Thanks in Advance,

Neethu Joy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware, no such class has been implemented. There is the function module MAINTAIN_MATERIAL_DARK that you could try.

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware, no such class has been implemented. There is the function module MAINTAIN_MATERIAL_DARK that you could try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neethu,

SAP is an enterprise system with a RDBMS under it. Records are not solely created in core tables (like MARA)... instead a transaction is executed that creates the material. In the midst of this transaction, a MARA table entry is created as well as numerous other table entries.

You should look to BAPI_STANDARDMATERIAL_CREATE in t-code SE37. You can create a proxy from this BAPI - you can even create a Web Service that can be implemented in an external app.