cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comm channel not available in RWB comm channel monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've gone through this() unanwered forum. I've facing the same issue.

In my ID, I created XI receiver adapter comm. channel. And data is flowing successfully to the receiver side through this Comm. channel

I'm aware that XI adapter in ID is used to send data via Proxy.

But why i'm not see that in the Comm. channel monitoring in RWB. If anyone has documentation please let me know.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This XI adapter will be on ABAP stack which is Integration engine like IDOC and HTTP adapters. We can't see or monitor these adapter because of these adapters are deployed on the abap stack. When ever message has been processed the message will be processed via adapter integration engine. You can see the adapters in the runtime workbench are those are deployed or existed on the adapter engine.

Can you please close this thread if you got the answer for your question?.

Regards,

Raju.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies. Technically one would alwasy expect some result if the item is listed down in the dropdown list of the adapter type. SAP should have deleted the XI from the "Adapter Type" dropdown list box in the RWB comm.channel monitoring to avoid all these confusion. Again thanks all for your replies.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But why i'm not see that in the Comm. channel monitoring in RWB. If anyone has documentation please let me know.

Only if your PI server version is 7.3 then you can able to see the IDOC, XI, HTTP adapters in the RWB. All those adapters in the lower version like 7.1 and below are availabe in ABAP Stack. So you cannot see them.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The XI adapter resides in Integration engine thus you cannot see it in RWB. RWB shows comm channels which are in adapter engine. The simple proof is that you cannot enhance this adapter with your own modules on the Module tab page in the module processor. Here is the link to documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

regards

Anupam

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

very basic question Communication channel monitoring will not show adapters(HTTP,IDoc and XI) which resides in ABAP Stack.

Regards,

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot see XI/ HTTP/ IDOC channels in RWB.