cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting CRM Opportunity to ECC Quote or ECC order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

We have a business scenario where we need to convert CRM opportunities to either ECC quotes or ECC orders.

Per the customizing in CRM I have mapped Opportunity type and item categories to associated ERP document types and item categories.

Now once I create an opportunity in CRM and save it, I do not see it replicated to ECC. Do we need to do anything other than the customizing steps above? Does just the saving of opportunity trigger the replication process? I also tried changing the status to 'Quotation' and this only triggers creation of quote in CRM and not ECC.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that LORD scenario can be used automaticaly. You can create follow up document from opportunity to ERP quote/order manualy, but I don't know of any trigger to do it automaticaly. According to my knowleadge actions and event fork only between crm documents.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichaelNe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

probably you can try to define a method base action for the CRM opportunity, which is for example triggered at save. Within the action you could trigger the ECC Qoute / Order creation in a similar way like the button 'create follow-up' in the CRM opportunity.

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

The copy control config between CRM opportunities and ERP quotes/orders mean you can create them manually from opportunity , but not automatic. If you want to have automatic ERP quote i think you should create CRM quote from CRM Opportunity and maintain middleware settings to get this replicated automatically to ERP.

Regards,

Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all: Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how to make it work.

Hi Shaik

Thanks for your view as well. What will be the process to create ECC quote manually in ECC so that it references CRM opportunity as Opportunities will just reside in CRM.

Thanks much

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to create two docs independently and want to link, i think you can do that in Transaction history. But It is not the same as creating a Follow up doc.

The following is recommendation from SAP Help which might help you.

■Subsequent assignment of follow-up transaction

You can link a transaction to another transaction after both transactions have been created. You do this in the Transaction History assignment block.

Recommendation

We recommend that you do not subsequently assign sales quotations or sales contracts, since information about the relationship between the original transaction and follow-up transactions is missing, potentially leading to user errors when processing the follow-up transaction. If you subsequently assign a sales quotation to a sales order, for example, the transactions are linked, however, information is not available in the system that the sales order was created as a result of the quotation being accepted. The quotation is not set to status Completed and no data is copied between the transactions. In the case of contracts, quantities are not updated when you make a subsequent assignment.

Regards,

Shaik

Hope it helps.