Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rop cube failed in Data Target

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ama using process chains for uploading data from data source into BW and planning area. I am getting error messages "Message not founf(in main memory)" and "Drop cube failed in Data Target ZCUBEXXX" in step Delete Target contents of Info cube.

Kindly suggest to overcome this issue.

thanks and regards

Murugesan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by assigning required authorization profiles * S_BI-WHM_RFC................Business Information Warehouse, RFC user in the Warehouse and

S_BI-WX_RFC................RFC Extractor SAP Business Information Warehouse * for BWREMOTE user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murugesan,

As you told data is loading to BW and planing area, if the CUBE ZCUBEXXX is planning cube before deleting and loading data to the CUBE, make sure the CUBE is in loading mode and not in planing mode.

to change this you include it process type in your PC, or you can make it by going to RSA1-->right click on CUbe select Swith transactional cube >select loading,planning cannot be made>it will give pop-up like You want to create transport for this change-->select "no"

If it is not planning cube, please check the Short dump and error message in job log(SM37).Try to repeat once.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Venkatesh.

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the Delete Target Contents of info cube in RSA1 transaction by right click on the respective info cube and Delete Info cube Data. It is working fine. It throws error only in transaction RSPC prorcess chain ("Message not founf(in main memory)" and "Drop cube failed in Data Target ZCUBEXXX") for the step Delete Target Contents Info cube.

Kindly suggest to overcome this issue.

Thanks and regards

Murugesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sometime this issue comes when the variant you are using is corrupted somehow.

please create a new variant for the process and replace the existing one with the new one.

We had done a similar thing in our process chain as well.

regards,

Arvind.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your cube in LISTCUBE for displaying any data.

Check in RSPCPROCESSLOG table

Check any short dumps are there in ST22

Check any locks in SM12

Check system log in SM21

Hope you will get a clue about the issue.......

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might be an Request in the Cube which is still in yellow mode. Set this as green

and repeat the process type of delete contents from the cube.

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

There is no requests in Yellow. I am executing this in this client for the first time. Kindly suggest to overcome this issue.

thanks and regards

Murugesan