Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement to pass time stamp from PO to the segment:(E1EDP19) field (IDTNR_GUID). Actually when I run the report: YWM00_RM_PO_CROSSDOCK, It will update PO and Idoc also processed through the out type: ZD01 and media: 6 EDI which are maintained in ME23n messages.

I have found the FM: IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS which has configured for Idoc: ORDERS01. I kept external break point and ran the report, when I run the report; it is not triggering the FM. How can i find the exact place, and where can I make the code changes?

Please suggest on this.

Thanks

Anil Dasari

Moderator message: please choose more descriptive subject lines for your posts.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jun 7, 2011 1:48 PM

4 REPLIES 4

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand why you are using program YWM00_RM_PO_CROSSDOCK.

Each message and baisc type are attached with a function module and this is called application program.For orders the function module you have mentioned is correct. You need to search for customer exit inside the function module and write your code to fill the data in the segment you mentioned.

For debugging... Please put break point in the function module.

GO to ME22N and in the messages specify the partner and medium, in the futher data push button in the application program specify the Dispatch time as 'SEND WITH APPLICATION OWN TRANSACTION" and press save button.I believe the function module will be triggered.

Regards,

Nagaraj

0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraj,

I have tried the same as you mentioned, it's not triggering FM: IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS.Please tell, is there any other way to debug.

Thanks

Anil

0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the program RSNAST00 and specify the Give the selection parameters. Also in the further data specify "SEND WITH PERIODICALLYSCHEDULE JOB" option and see.Akso keep the break-point in the function module(IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS)

Regards,

Nagaraj

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I kept external break point and ran the report,

Not sure on why you are using an external break point, use the session break point.

It will update PO and Idoc also processed through the out type: ZD01 and media: 6 EDI which are maintained in ME23n messages.

What is the default processing time set for ZD01, is it process immediately or process later via background job or application own transaction....there are a couple of options, check which one of this it is. You can do this by going into the PO - Output(header/item) and check more information on the Output type, or you can check this in Tcode: NACE.

anyways, now if it is set to, process immediately on save, then even though you have set a break point it will not stop as the processing is done in "UPDATE TASK" for this you will need to enable update debugging.

Now just to check if the value is passing correctly or not, pick any of the PO that has a ZD01 on it, repeat this output and save it with the processing time as "process later via background job" and save the PO.

once you have done this, goto SE38 and execute RSNAST00...give the PO number on OBJKEY and condition type and execute, now you will see that the debugger stops in "IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS" provided you have put a normal session breakpoint.

I have found the FM: IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS which has configured for Idoc: ORDERS01. I kept external break point and ran the report, when I run the report; it is not triggering the FM. How can i find the exact place, and where can I make the code changes?

There are a few customer function exits that are available, you can use any of these to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Chen