cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA extractor General Info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, It had been past long time since my last post..!! Now I'll need your help in BW.

This is my first time working with COPA extractor and I'll need some tips.

1.- In my project already COPA data sources have been using. There is a new requirement, we need select new value fields, so we're thinking, for that, delete the existing COPA data sources and create new COPA data source with the same technical name.

2.- Then replicate it in BW system and check the data flow (infopackage, DTP`s, transformation, map the new field, infoprovider, etc.)

After that, we'll transport the new COPA data source (OLTP system) and the object modified in BW (OLAP system).

There I'm missing something?. Before and after transport, Is necesary doing something else?.

Your tips always help me and I'll appreciate it.

Best Regards

Edited by: Emilio Ciotta on Jun 7, 2011 12:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess your requirement is to modify the CO-PA datasource.

For this as you have mentioned, you will delete the existing datasource and create a new one using the transaction KEB0.

Before this make sure that you have extracted teh data and there are no entries in SMQ1 and RSA7 corresponding to your CO-PA DS.

While creating the New DS with the same name remeber to use the same field partitioning as before.

Save and activate the DS

Go to RSO2 and specify the DS name, selct the fields for selection option and also the maintain teh Delta fields.

Then check it in RSA3

Replicate the same in BW. While replicating make sure that the DS is maintained as teh old one was.

Run an init infopackage to set teh delta status. then use KEB2 to check the delta status.

Also make sure that the dirty flag is set in the table TKEBWL .

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul thanks for your reply,

As you said, my requirement is to modify the CO-PA datasource. I have some question:

1.- When you said "Before this make sure that you have extracted...." I guess, I would have to do this in OLTP system. If there are entries in RSA7 corresponding to my CO-PA DS, What should I do?

2.- Our client have a process chain wich load Delta data (do somethings else) and after that, delete the PSA request. So, I think, before doing change in PRO system, we should run this process chain, then transports the objects and after that run an init infopackage in order to set the delta status. Am I right?

I'm really thanks you... It's my first time, so I ask you sorry for those kind of questions...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I have been looking for the best way to how carry out this, so:

1.- Delete the old one COPA data source

2.- Create a new one COPA data source with the same technical name

3.- Replicate it in BW system and performs the necesary activities.

4.- In our case, before transport, perform the last data load with the old data source, then transport and after that, run an init infopackage (whitout data) to set the delta status and now we can load the new data per delta with the new datasource.

I think this is the best way (in our case).

Thanks for all

Regards