cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot not required at each GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have following requirement. need your help.

Scenario: We are recieving, RM XXX in tankers. As per our internal standard procedure, for that RM, inspection needs to be carried out only for fixed interval say e.g. at every 50MT. Tanker capacity range from 12-16MT. So inspection will be for 1st tanker then 3rd or 4th tanker.

But in system, since insp type 01 is activated, inspection lot is getting created at all the GRs. Can anyone help me out for this scenario.

I read about Dynamic Modification rule somewhere but I have not understood it correctly. Is it feasible to use DMR? or any other solution?

Please expalain the procedure in detail.

Thanks

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to earlier reply. If qty is the only criteria. Give try with USER exit QDSE0002 where based on your condition you should be able to change the existing DMR stage. i.e from NORMAL to SKIP and vice versa.

explore this with ABAPer.

Regards

Nitin Rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for the response.

As you are telling, DMR may not be applicable for qty & can be applied for the tanker nos. say we will take 4th tanker. Pls tell me how to use DMR in this case.

Pls tell me the procedure of DMR in this scenario in detail.

I am also exploring the possibility of user exit as suggested by Nitin. Will update the same.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Below is the steps for cxreating simple DMR with normal severity-- Scenario is when every 4th lot will be inspected, rest will be skipped.

Tcode QDR1: Put a name for your DMR

In header data: Put description of your DMR, slecet "For UD" (Default). If you want you can put a reset period as well, like say you enter 365 days, so after 365 days your DMR will be reset to initial stage.

In the next screen, 1st put stage as 10 and click on stage change button, put the values as mentioned below

Stage Skip Initial stage No of inspections New stage Rejections Inew insp stage

10 Tick 3 20 1 10

For stage 10, put inspection severity as normal

Again for stage 20, repeat the above stage with below mentioned details

20 Tick 1 10 1 10

Save

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Feels like I could not understand the question correctly.

As Anand has explained it is difficult to map with DMR.

How ever, what I feel is why dont you take sampling procedure approach,

if you receive 600MT in a day,say 50 tankers( 12MT= 1 Tanker)

you will be requiring 12 samples Considering U inspect after every 50 MT

So you try to manage this with sampling procedure / scheme

so even if you get only one lot every time you do the GRN, You will be able to capture

results for the Number of samples as per your procedure.

(Assuming you do not want to lable the reults as for tanker1, for tanker3, for tanker5 etc)

Hope I have understand the requirment correctly this time.

Regards,

Nitin Rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DMR is probably the way you want to go. But in the case of the 01 receipts it cannot be based on quantity. It can only be based on the number of receipts. So you would set it up to inspect every 3rd tanker. Or maybe every 4th tanker. It would depend on which direction you want to go with regards to how often you want to inspect.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

To the best of my knowledge it may not be feasible.

The various control mechanisms for inspection lot creation lie in material master (Such as u201CFor each material document item, For each material document item, batch, SLoc etc). But nowhere I could find the control that governs lot creation based on summation of quantity restriction.

Dynamic modification rule (DMR) also may not be applicable here. While defining DMR, you have to specify how many lots you want to skip. System skips these lots sequentially. Again this is independent of lot quantity.

Try this if works for you, its just a thought.

If you are dealing with alternate units, split quantity while carrying out GR. For example, you have received 10 tankers which weigh 600MT. (1 Tanker = 60MT). Create 10 line items while doing MIGO for 101 movement. As a result of which system will generate 10 inspection lots. Each one of lots will contain 1 tanker equivalent to 60MT. I guess you might have to use MT as base unit of measure. But remember this would be purely manual control. If the person inwards 600MT at a time this solution may not work.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Jun 7, 2011 6:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U should be able to achieve this with DMR provided frequency is fixed e.g.every 3rd tanker other wise skip.

How ever ,Inspection lot will get created with skip status. You can schedule Backgroud job for AUTO UD so that user can ignore these lots and system takes care of the LOT completion.

Regards,

Nitin Rane