cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ_RFC_TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement where we need to show the Production Downtime at Plant and line level.

Integration is only done with ERP and i was able to retrieve the Table and field information from ERP.

Field information is as follows:

IWERK --> Plant

TPLNR ---> Functional Location

QMART ---> Notification type

MSAUS ---> Breakdown Indicator

AUSVN ---> Malfunciton startdate

AUSBS ---> Malfunction end date

AUZTB ---> Malfunction end time

STRMN ---> Required start date

STRUR ---> Required end date

STRMN ---> Required end date

STRUR ---> Required end time

Plant level will be an aggregation of all information at Line level to give plant details

Line level will be determined by entries

M2 + ZP = Total production downtime

ZP will be downtime with a result of loss of production

M2 = Engineering Malfunction notification type

ZP = Production downtime notification type.

My Question now is how to achieve this in MII, I am aware that by using "RFC_READ_TABLE" we can retrieve the fields in MII. I need to understand here how to make use of SAP_JCO_Interface here to read the fields to aggregate all information and to show the total production downtime at line and Plant level.

My approach here with Transaction building is

1. Created a document-> added sequence of SAP_JCO_Interface>Repeater with Xpath expression

SAP_JCo_Interface_0.Response{/RFC_READ_TABLE/TABLES/FIELDS/item} ---> I am confused here how to derive different field information and calculate them.

Thanks,

Mukul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

Here is a reference to how to filter the results on the ECC side using [RFC_READ_TABLE|].

Between June 2008 and December 2009, there was a lot of interest in the use of that RFC. I can't list all the ones provided, but expand a search on RFC_READ_TABLE to include all postings and look in that time frame for some fairly creative ways of scripting.

There are also a number of blogs listed at the top of this Forum which detail how to aggregate rows of data into a single xml document. I would look them over to see if there are useful techniques for your needs.

I would also take a look at the XML action blocks folder at XSL Transformation, Aggregate Statistics, and Totalizer action blocks. Perhaps they can help.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jun 7, 2011 1:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike,

I was actually looking for how to structure the links in the tracer and pull the information from the fields.

I have made a search through the blogs but didn't find any thing helpfull, may be if you come across anything would be helpfull.

I have even made a search and found some tips to aggragate the data but i am specifically looking how to structure and what could be the default values that need to be passed and how to achieve the calculations.

Thanks,

Mukul

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

If you can give an example of the xml from the RFC and what you are trying to extract, I or someone else can probably point you in the correct direction.

But even without that, most of what you are going to be doing is doing various string expressions in the expression editor.

If you have downloaded the SAP Batch Manufacturing project from SDN, then go to the Common transaction folder and look for the transaction "BuildIllumDocFromRFCTableReadResponse". I think it may be derived from one of the Function Module templates also available from SDN. It will show you how to parse out the content of the Response XML from RFC_READ_TABLE.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I have a requirement to show up the Downtime details at Plant level as Dashboard

1. Total downtime ( in minutes)

2. Downtime resulting Production loss.

Same requirement with the Line level as well.

In order to achieve this functional PM Consultant have listed out a out the list of Tables and fields in order to achieve this.

So in order to meet with the requirements i need the Transaction steps to achieve this.I have found RFC_RAD_TABLE is the right option to achieve this than BAPI's but not sure.

I would like to know the steps to build the transaction to retrieve the information from SAP in MII and show up in the dashboards.

Thanks,

Mukul

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

I just emailed you the transaction for parsing the output of RFC_READ_TABLE. That will provide the data in standard xml format within MII. After that, you may need to do some additional formatting or data processing to get to the dashboard dataset you desire.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot mike, I will do the changes to the response XML and Output XML .May I ask you what is WA here.( may be a stupid question ) and I have a requirement of Getting 2 notification types here one is notification type ZP- Production downtime notification type and M2 - Engineering malfunction Notification type.

Question is how define or retrieve 2 notification types?

Thanks,

Mukul

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WA is the node of the xml which contains the returned data.

Getting two different filter values is a simple filter script (query). See the following threads which link to examples of the syntax to be used.

Not sure how clear it is, but use EQ instead of =, GT instead of >, etc. The mathematical symbols sometimes (especially in a longer filter) cause errors to occur.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response, what should be the approach to build the transaction to store the field values in the database.

Can you guide me with the steps how I can do this.

Thanks,

Mukul.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

Please let me know when you have downloaded one or more of the projects available from the SDN Wiki for MII. I will then point you towards an appropriate template transaction for what you need. It will provide a lot of good practices for you to use as you go forward with MII.

Thanks,

Mike