Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Check , re-deploy and deployment testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to know how to:

- Compare deployed component version on difference server (e.g. DEV vs PROD)

- Re-deploy to EP with NWDI (e.g. After recover form backup)

- Safe test NWDI deployment to PROD after migration (e.g. After recover form backup)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. check the system info page

2.restore system in nwdi

3.what is this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

1) Sound like a great idea, but I cannot locate the version info for the component in DEV (while it did exists), any idea?

2) Tried that button but cannot find my component in the list (but find the depended DCs), and would like to know which is the correct stage to look? (Development / Consolidation / Assembly / Approval)

3) I mean to test the deployment form DEV to PROD, because our DEV is overwrited by the PROD, would like make sure it work

Thanks for all the help so far

Regards

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Join,

Some more information for point 2, there are 2 tables in the Software Components pages.

- In PROD, I find the entry for my component in both table

- In DEV, I find the entry for my component in the 2nd table only

And it seem that the version number in the 2nd table only the build and cannot be compared

Regards

Bill

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. make sure the dev is deployed via nwdi, if user directly deploy dc from local nwds, it will be messed up.

2. depend on which system you want to restore, then go to corresponding tab

3. deployment is triggered from nwdi, nwdi will deploy SCA to target system. no dev -

>prd

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first table is SC info

second is the DC info

i think your developer are deploying directly to DEV from local nwds, so he SC INFO is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Just tried to press the deployment button in the Development tab and a fing a log entry.

So, that mean we did deploy to DEV with NWDI I suppose?

For point 3, I understand I can just modify somethings and try the deployment.

I would like to know if there are anything I can do to recover just in case somethings ugly happen... (e.g. backup/restore?)

Regards

Bill

Answers (0)