cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM7.0 Meta Data Handling or Component Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Let's say you for some reaseon want to remove the a field in the Shopping Cart at item level. To achieve this you could e.g.

1. Use the Component Configurator (SE80) - and use the browser-based Editor for the WDP ABAP Component Configurator

2. Use the Meta Data Handling Concept and configure the field control there

My guess is that one should use #2 if one need to control the behaviour of the field according to roles or authorities, but is this correct, or are there other considerations that should be taken into account when performing UI adjustments using the above mentioned methods?

brgs Ziggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below link, this should help you.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/HowtoaddCustomerfieldsinSAP+SRM

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you. I know how to, and was thinking more in terms of which method is the most suitable, as Mr. Yang proposed. Also, are there any performance issues or other technical aspects one should concider?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It really depends on your requirement. I would try first to enhance the component configuration if it suffices as it is more straight forward. If not, I'd then have to look into metadata handling. Metadata handling framework is already widely used in the standard application, so unless your dynamic class/method is overly time consuming, the performance bottleneck shouldn't be on your custom field/action control.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using metadata handling framework is far more flexible than component configuration enhancements. The dynamic class/method allows you to control fields/actions with custom logics to a large extend.