cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI sales order line items that can not fulfilled and completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My requirement

I have multiple EDI customers that send in orders daily where their requirements is that if the ordering item qty can not to fulfilled on the day then the line item in question on the corresponding created sale order needs to be automatically rejected along with a suitable and descriptive reason code.

I'm looking to have this a seamless as possible and don't want to have the user manually review stock, edit sales orders or ATP check as they do now

I've looked at the partial delivery settings on the customer master and customer item but I think this just warns that the customer requires complete deliveries.

I apologise now as SD is not my thing, but if anyone has seen this situation before or has a standard solution I'd be grateful?

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Braven,

You can accomplish this using a user exit from the inbound FM as well as it is specific for inbound sales orders only.

Hope you are using IDOC Type: ORDERS05 & message type: ORDERS - ryt?

Check Enhancement: VEDA0001 in SMOD & if any of the user exits can solve this need - perhaps: EXIT_SAPLVEDA_001 may be used - an ABAP'er can confirm.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Braven,

Check below may get you some idea , which we implemented in our system.

1. Need to find out the EDI orders, there is a filed - Purchase order type in sales order header > order data, there yu need to map EDI for EDI orders.

2. Create new reason for rejection like EDI- EDI rejection, and write logic in MV50AFZ1 user exits at SAVE, check purchase order type, if its EDI , process further and if any item is not confimred, means quanity is not there to create delivery , then put reason for rejection EDI and save the save order and create other line items delivery.

let me know if any you have ny questions.

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Braven,

Ram has given good suggestion. I would like to add on it.

If the quantity is not availabe put a reason for rejection , this is fine. But we dont need to create a new line item.. right.

Because this way it will pile up line items in sales order..

Instead put the logic in such a way that, when qty is not available put a rejection.

If qty is partially availabe, then process the qty and create a new line item for the remianing qty. ( this is ofcourse if the customer agress on partial deliveries ).

The above is on assumptions that your users review orders which are on rejection and process further.And other assumption is your customer agrees on partial deliveries.

This is how we mapped in our system.Hope it helps.

Regards,

SB.