Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete infopackage from further update

Vijay4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on BW 3.5 version, I am facing one issue while loading data though Process chain in Production.

Issue: while Loading data from ODS to Infocube with delta.

DSO further update> Delete Indx>load data> Generate indx>compress cube ( this is the steps in PC)

when I check in the infocube by navigateing like the fallowing

RC on the infocube>manage>Request-->

then I am finding 2 infopackages are update one is not in process chain at all and second one is in Process chain.

1st infopackage is deriving data ( which is not in the process chain)

2nd infopackage is not bringing any data (0 recoreds) because no data for this packeage as Delta load.

I analysed this issue, I found 1st infopackge is in further update ( which is not required for me)

how can remove this infopackage from there......I need only one package which is the 2nd one.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Vijay4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all participates....

issue resolved:

that was probelm becasue of the variant in back ground. after deltion of the that it is working fine now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better you go to metadata repository in RSA1 and identify which all are the target is been updated by using this further update. If you feel this IP is no more required just remove the further update from Inf Package.

Regars

Binu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First check what is the type of load from the first infopackage which is loading to the cube.

whether it is delta or full as the process for removing the tick in the infopackage in both the scenarios will be different.

In case it is full just remove the tick from the Data target tab for the update for this cube.

In case of delta, open the infopackage after the delta load is complete, goto scheduler initialize options, delete the init from there.

After that remove the tick and do a fresh init w/o data transfer for all the other data targets. This will ensure that the delta is working for all other targets.

In case you do not follow the steps for delta and simply remove it as in case of full then the delta loads to other target will not be successful and the data will not be avaialble in them for reporting.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have only the 1st infopackage in the DSO futher update event, then remove the event from the PC.

if you have other funcitons as well in the DSO further update event, then right click on the further update event and goto Maintain Variant and remove the 1st infopackage from the list of the actions available in the event and then save the variant.

--- Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, go to that infopackage and under the Data targets tab, remove the tick mark for this cube.

Data will not be updated to the cube thereon.

But, please make sure that you'll not be requiring the data which is being updated in the cube using this infopackage.

Also, check if the data is being updated from the cube to further targets that may be using this data.