Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status profile for Contract block in SAP SD

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have a business requirement. Let me explain this first.

Requirement is that every contract which is created by any user should be blocked. Some authorized users can release them. Sale order can not be created until the sale order is released.

Once the contract is released it should allow to create sale order. But after releasing contract if there is any change in quantity or net value or payment term etc. It should go in block status again and again those authorized user should release it for further processing.

I have done following things so far.

I have created status profile Z_SD_CON and assigned this in contract type in VOV8. I have also created "Authorization Key" Z0000001 and assigned in user master. But when i crated contract type CQ. It gave me following error.

Status profile Z_SD_CON is not allowed for "Sales order header"

Message no. BS020

Diagnosis

Status profile Z_SD_CON may not be used for object type 'Sales order header'.

Procedure

Use another status profile or allow the use of status profile Z_SD_CON by object type 'Sales order header'.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to BS02, select your Status Profile, place your mouse on Short Text column and press F2. Ensure that you have not selected the box "Forbidden".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr./Ms. Lakshmipathi.

I have not selected it. There is nothing in transactional control yet. Should i maintain this?

But the thing is that error which im receiving is prior to release it. Means when i enter sold to party systems gives me this error

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Should i maintain this?

Yes please maintain and then retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried to maintain crate contract.

Business transaction RE: Create Contract. Influence Allow.

but still the same error

Status profile Z_SD_CON may not be used for object type 'Sales order header'.

Procedure

Use another status profile or allow the use of status profile Z_SD_CON by object type 'Sales order header'.

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mr. Lakshmipathi told please check the config in BS02. For your status profile object type should be "Sales order header" Tick the check box.

thanks

bvdv

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Contract is created now and status is INBK (Initial Block), I have created this as first status when a contract will be created, Now i want that system will ask release strategy to release this contract to change its 2nd status which is INRL (released)

Please tell me how to do this now. Which business transaction control should i select and which radio button should i select now?

there are some business transactions like but please tell me where is contract and how can i put release strategy for contract.

Change configuration data

Complete

Create billing document

Create delivery

Create inquiry

Create quotation

Create sales document

Goods issue delivery

Incoming invoice

Incomplete req. configuration

Lock

Edited by: moazzamjii on Jun 8, 2011 2:12 PM

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control by defining various Statuses (Individual status of an object) . Once you selected the check box in object type come back and select each status and click on details (f2) now click on New entries (f5) system will show you the Business transactions. Here you can give the Influence and next action for each business transaction.

Like this way you can define en number of status profiles and assign to your document types as per your requirement.

TIP:

1.Authorization object for status profile is : B_USERSTAT

2. you can define the authorization groups also (t code:BS52) to assign against each status

The above both you can assign in user profile (role) ask your basis people to help on this.

Example: Suppose if you defined authorization group as Z123 & assigned against REAL status. Then the user who have the authorization for object B_USERSTAT & group as Z123 can only release the sales order.

Read the below thread also

[Status Profile|;

Hope this will clear your query

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear BVDV I understand the use and logics of authorization key and authorization object. Thanks for your help.

I have done all configuration. Now only thing which i cant understand is that how the statuses of contract will automatically be changed.

When i create contract initial status INBK activated in header status user status tab. I have to change it manually to INRL. Again if any user change contract it should be again REBK.

One more thing. Cant we release this contract with VKM3? i want the users to change status with VKM3.

Waiting for your positive response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can apply a turnaround solution. Create the different authorization keys for different status add these to different authorization roles against different t-codes.

Mark the statuses as initial status so that, when the particular t-code is executed, the status automatically changes.

Regards

Aadesh Kamat

Edited by: aadesh123 on Jun 9, 2011 12:18 PM

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

VKM3 is for Credit release. Your requirement will not fulfill with the standard configuration. I never done the enhancement for order status. Please try with enhancement by using the exit "USEREXIT_SET_STATUS_VBUK" from Module pool RV45PFZA (SE38).

regards

bvdv

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help.I am closing the thread.

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)