cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"For Company Code XXXX, Valuation type 1 is not allowed" How 2 overcm this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP FICO GEEKS,

I started working on SAP FICO. For two hours I tried figuring out solution to the error I got. Here is what I did

I have created a new company. I gave the country and currency.

I defined one leading and two non-leading ledgers to that company.

I defined currency for the leading ledger.(1st Local currency).

IMG-> Financial Accounting (New)-> Financial Accounting Global Settings(New)-> Ledgers-> Ledger-> Define Currencies of Leading Ledger

Here comes the problem

I tried configuring the group Currency.(2nd and 3rd local currency) in Screen "Change View Addition Local Currencies for company code".

the currency field got grayed out in both 2nd and 3rd local currency.

Its not Accepting the Legal Valuation(1) in Valuation Field.

The Error I have got is

For Company Code XXXX, The Valuation type 1 is not allowed.

I can find 3 valuation views in my system. Its Legal,Group and Profit center.

Can Anyone help me with this.

Thanks for your time.

-

Harsh

Moderator: Please, read available SAP material on FI-CO before posting questions on SDN forum

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the group currency is maintained in SCC4. If you choose currency type 30 in "Change View Addition Local Currencies for company code" the currency from SCC4 is displayed in the greyed out currency field.

For parallel valuation prerequisite read the F1-help for the field "valuation" in the above IMG step, I guess you did not activate parallel valuation in the CO-area.

BR Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the group currency is maintained in SCC4. If you choose currency type 30 in "Change View Addition Local Currencies for company code" the currency from SCC4 is displayed in the greyed out currency field.

For parallel valuation prerequisite read the F1-help for the field "valuation" in the above IMG step, I guess you did not activate parallel valuation in the CO-area.

BR Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BR Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

After entering the

Crcy Field: it says standard currency throughout the client(corresponding). Thats the only currency filed I can find in the SCC4 transaction code. Does this refer to the default group currency of the entire client?

I have got many company codes associated with the same client. Making changes at the core level will disturb the entire structure.

Is there anyway I can assign the Currency to Group Currency of a particular Company Code? The Company Code Created is new and no transactions are posted to it.

If i find a solution to this then I can also assign currency to the Hard-Currency,Index Based Currency, Global Company Currency for a particular currency.

*The Transaction Code SCC4 helped me to extend my knowledge on client side. I will keep that in mind.

Thanks for helping me

-

Harsh