Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation not showing correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are facing the below mentioned scenario in asset management

For example : We purchased one asset on 01.04.2011 for Rs.10000 @10% depreciation(SLM)

while checking in ASW01N, it shows the depreciation details as follows

It is showing the planned depreciation for March(3rd period )also instead of 4th period .

Note : Depreciation amount calculating correctly but it is dividing for 10 periods equally instead of 9 periods

So my question is that ,

How system considering 3rd period for depreciation since we purchased the said asset on 01.04.2011?

Please let me know where we went wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Praveen P C

Edited by: Praveen Chirakkel on Jun 7, 2011 9:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member433617
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Previous answer is correct.

Other info:

I had same issue and found out that smoothing is set in my instance to occur beginning from "Capitalized on" date to the end of asset life. Any month(s) between month of "Capitalized on" and "First acquisition on" date which comes from Asset Value Date of the acquisition transaction will be spread over life (smoothed) since those interim months now in the past.

Smoothing indicator can be unset in OAYR, and consider your AFAMP period control for the depreciation key.

A separate issue you may be facing is that your acquisition is not the first acquisition on the completed asset record. You may be getting ODep Start of the first acquisition, but you want an independent start for new partial value of the asset. There are other settings to achieve this, and an OSS Note mentioned in other posts.

Good luck.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Check your dep start date in asset master.. Is it set to March 1?? If yes, either some one did it manually or it happened due to your Period Control Settings in AFAMP / OAVH

Also, you may check the IMG Node "Specify how default Asset Value date is determined"

br, Ajay M