Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports to be sent through IDOCs/EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client got a requirement .

A customer of my client wants to recieve MD04 Stock report weekly through EDI/IDOC? customer of my client are also using SAP R/3.

How do i achieve this? Please through some light on the Outbound IDOCs and how to sent reports through IDOC/EDI

Thanks & Regards,

Nithin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

You can try to use an ABAP Custom Report which creates a Flat file/EDI & posts directly to say, a FTP location hopefully that might work for this requirement. As it is a report, an IDOC would be a one-by-one scenario & may not suit this situation.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Basic type LOISTD01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

But what would be the message type to be used. I was searching for a mseeage relarted to MD04, but couldnot find any......DO I have to go for a custom message type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you have to go for custom message type

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nithin,

A customer of my client wants to recieve MD04 Stock report weekly through 
EDI/IDOC? customer of my client are also using SAP R/3.How do i achieve 
this? Please through some light on the Outbound IDOCs and how to sent reports 
through IDOC/EDI

Considering the business requirement of your client, i would suggest you to come up with a Custom report whose selection criteria are pretty same as MD04, which when executed will send out the result through IDOC. You can use a function module for triggering outbound call and define the segment based on the data's which is required by your client. If this activity is to be executed every week, then you schedule the program in background mode.

If the selection criteria i.e Stock report is required by your client for more than one material then you develop a T-code and link the program (Report) and this t-code needs to be excuted. I have cited the high level solution for the business requirement and you would need to consult your technical consultant to frame up the solution into macro level...

Kindly update the forum based on the suggestion shared !!

Regards,

Sarthak