Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are idoc fields case sensitive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, there has been an error during idoc processing. The trading partner field was filled in lowercase and this is bringing me error Message no. FB279 ' Company dp0017 is not defined'. The other idocs had DP0017 filled in and were processed fine.

Any input on this? thx.

Edited by: Antish Awootar on Jun 7, 2011 8:02 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antish,

It actually depends on the value that is stored in the IDOC, if the IDOC has company code in lower case then that is exactly how it will be used in the program for all purpose and no automatic conversion is applied. The below message is thrown in the FM - FI_COMPANY_CHECK This FM will look up the table T880 - If you check the entry in this table will be DP0017 and not dp0017. Hence it is throwing the error message.

If your question is it works fine when i try in SE37 with the FM "FI_COMPANY_CHECK" or if i input "dp0017" in WE19 or in SE11 against T880, then the reason for that is a conversion is applied automatically and it is changed to DP0017.

To answer your question "Are idoc fields case sensitive?", it depends on the context, does it retain the case when it is filled in, yes it does.

Regards,

Chen

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 7, 2011 4:10 PM

2 REPLIES 2

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it depends on the field's data element and domain . Please see in the domain level of the field if the check box is marked as case sensitive or not if yes then it will not change the data into uppercase, if no then it will change to upper case.

Please check the same.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antish,

It actually depends on the value that is stored in the IDOC, if the IDOC has company code in lower case then that is exactly how it will be used in the program for all purpose and no automatic conversion is applied. The below message is thrown in the FM - FI_COMPANY_CHECK This FM will look up the table T880 - If you check the entry in this table will be DP0017 and not dp0017. Hence it is throwing the error message.

If your question is it works fine when i try in SE37 with the FM "FI_COMPANY_CHECK" or if i input "dp0017" in WE19 or in SE11 against T880, then the reason for that is a conversion is applied automatically and it is changed to DP0017.

To answer your question "Are idoc fields case sensitive?", it depends on the context, does it retain the case when it is filled in, yes it does.

Regards,

Chen

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 7, 2011 4:10 PM