Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to disable one of the sub link in top menue "Goto"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me a way of disabling the sub link of Goto link in top menu.

ex: Goto > Cost > Analysis ("Cost" I want to disable) this you can find in COR3 - Process Order Header screen.

Thanks

Dinesh

Edited by: Dineshv on Jun 7, 2011 6:52 AM

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

In which transacrion screen do you want to disbale "go to --> cost" ?

You need to figure out what object is getting checked in back end when you click on the screen. Disbale that access and this link should be greyed out for user.

You can use a trace to figure out the objects that are getting checked,

Soumya

0 Kudos

Yes you are right. I want to disable Goto > Cost. How can i do the trace to get that object of that?

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Not all screens/options will have auth objects assigned to them. Anyhow, ST01 is used to trace authorization objects.

~Sri

0 Kudos

I tried that ST01.. But i couldn't find the object correctly. Info in Trace file is soo complex.. Can any one give me a simple way of doing this Cost link disable.

Edited by: Dineshv on Jun 7, 2011 6:03 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

it does not seem like there is an authorization object that controls this menu. So if that requirement is still valid then I would suggest sitting with developer and discuss options of modifying standard program using enhancement framework.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin Voros,

What you are saying is wrong i guess. Because in our company some times users complaining that they can't save reports as a local file since the "List > Save > Local File" link is disable (ash color). Once i give the autherization for object S_GUI field name ACTVT = 61, they can go ahead with that and save it as a local file.

Like wise if some one tell me the obect for "Goto > Cost > Analysis" that is enough i beleive.

Thanks

Dinesh

0 Kudos

I meant it's not possible for this particular case. Some menu items are controlled by authorization objects. If you check the corresponding program with developer then she will tell you that there is no link between authorization object and that menu item. What you can try to do is to find a spot where menu items are disabled based on current program state and try to add your own authorization check using enhancement framework.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Martin Voros ,

Thanks for the update. In my case we are not in a possision to do any development thing for the programe. So is there any other way to achive my requirment.