cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a DSO with request number 1 ,2,3,4,5.

request No 5 is top most. 5,4,3 these request came from same source systems. 1 ,2 came from another source sytems. if i delete request no 3 is there any impact on request no 1& 2.

Thanks for advance

Reagrds

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the request ID Generated upon activation for 1 & 2, if it is same as that of 3rd request then it has to be rolled back.

i.e there will not be any effect of deletion of new request on the request loaded previously having different Request ID generated upon activation.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN a DSO deletion works on LIFO(Last in first out). So, the if you delete the 3rd req, the 4th and the 5th req will also be deleted.

Reg,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

You cannot delete your 3rd request unless until you delete requests 5&4. in order to delete existing requests you should change DM status as red (make the request red). Deleting of top level requests will not make impact to previous request.

regards

BVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are no errors in the requests(4 & 5) then the technical status of the same must be 'Green'.

Since you have an erroraneous request (request number 3) in between the above 2 requests will not be active. So all you need to do is delete request number 3 and activate the remaining requests.

Regards,

Shyam.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

Thanks for reply

i am new to bi.

can u give me brief explonation of what u gave answer?

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

You can the request monitor in DSO(right click) manage. Get inside and make the total status to red by double clicking on "total".

Come back to DSO manage again, select the request and delete it.

After the above steps, you have to delete the same request from PSA also. Then no further inconsistencies will arise.

Hope you understand properly.....

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there wont be any impact,

check if the activation reqest number is different for 3 and 1,2

then there is no problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

I have a one small doubt.

Suppose all request came from same source systems. if i delete 3rd request is there any impacy on request no 1& 2

Thanks for advance

Reagrds

Manu

waqar_ahmed
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It wont effect your request 1 and 2.

regards,

ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

In My dso there are totally 5 request.

Req 1 2,3, 4,5.

the error occur when i am loading 3rd request and status go to red. after that i again load request no 4 &5. what is atatus of

these two request 4 &5 means is it red or green status?( there is no erros in request no 4 & 5).

Thnaks for advance

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though there are no erroneous records in 4 & 5, the data load would be successful but you can't activate those request since 3rd request is in RED.

And when you try to delete the request no 3, It will delete the request no's present above it as well. (4 & 5 will also be deleted).

Though there wont be any impact to the request no's present below 3rd request.

--- Thanks..