cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript symbol for a certain line containing variable characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me a symbol in sapscript that tells us the size of a certain line ?

Meaning that if I choose font Times new roman with size 10 and I have 30 characters, then the symbol can tell me how wide my line of 30 characters is. When I increase the font size to 20pt, obviously the width of the line of 30 chars will change, and the symbol should tell me how wide it is.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no such thing you describe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

If it is not possible for a symbol, then any solutions are ok. If you know any method that can help me, like function module, BAPI etc...please raise it. Any ideas are welcome.

If you want to know more details of my issue, so here's the description: I have to wrap the text for a column of a table in a form, but I only can adjust the numbers of characters when they are in upper case, so when they input text in lower case, there will be a space between the text and the rest of the column. If I adjust the character numbers of the wrap-text function due to lower case, then when people input the text in upper case, the text will be overflow the column.

Therefore the things I need to do are:

+ 1st: capture the column's width in the form, passing it to the program

+ 2nd: capture the paragraph format and character format of the input text

+ 3rd: calculate the length of the input text with those formats

+ 4th: wrap the text due to maximum space that the column can fit.

Here are my solution, and I'm getting stuck just from the very first step

rgds,