Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ColSum() function gives wrong totals

Hi Experts,

i have been using ColSum() function without any problems, in SBO 2007 PL 41 to get the column totals in the PLDs at "Repetitive Area Footer" and "End of Report" levels. but, i am facing problems in SBO 8.8 PL 20.

sometimes the totals shown by ColSum() function is not correct. in one of my PLD created using a query shows wrong totals at "End of Report" level but shows the Group Totals correctly at "Repetitive Area Footer" level.

and also in my AR Invoice (customised PLD using system's PLD) total of the coulmn "Product Value" (System Variable 84) shows wrong total (using ColSum() function) when the AR Invoice runs into more than one page. i solved this problem by using System Variable 109 instead of using ColSum() function.

thanks to System Variables, i could use it as alternative to solve the total problem, but how to get it right in PLDs created from queries. the confusing thing is the problem with ColSum() is only in certain PLDs especially when reports run into multiple pages.

is this anything to do with "Patch Level" ? this is the first time i am facing this kind of a problem with ColSum() function.

please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question