cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ColSum() function gives wrong totals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have been using ColSum() function without any problems, in SBO 2007 PL 41 to get the column totals in the PLDs at "Repetitive Area Footer" and "End of Report" levels. but, i am facing problems in SBO 8.8 PL 20.

sometimes the totals shown by ColSum() function is not correct. in one of my PLD created using a query shows wrong totals at "End of Report" level but shows the Group Totals correctly at "Repetitive Area Footer" level.

and also in my AR Invoice (customised PLD using system's PLD) total of the coulmn "Product Value" (System Variable 84) shows wrong total (using ColSum() function) when the AR Invoice runs into more than one page. i solved this problem by using System Variable 109 instead of using ColSum() function.

thanks to System Variables, i could use it as alternative to solve the total problem, but how to get it right in PLDs created from queries. the confusing thing is the problem with ColSum() is only in certain PLDs especially when reports run into multiple pages.

is this anything to do with "Patch Level" ? this is the first time i am facing this kind of a problem with ColSum() function.

please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Kr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

You may have entered the wrong field in colsum() check it first.

If it correct & works fine in repetitive area footer, then get the value over there and use amount(Colsum()) in end of report to display making colsum() unvisible.

Regards:

Balaji.s

Edited by: Balaji Selvaraj on Jun 13, 2011 11:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try ReportSum() instead, as you get this problem only when it runs to more than one page.

Regards,

Nat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first I would like to thank everyone for their help.

but, I am BACK!

facing the same problem now in SBO 9.0 PL13 also.

yes, ReportSum() gives correct totals, so using it instead of ColSum().

but, the question still remains why ColSum() sometimes gives wrong totals, since ColSum() is required in certain cases where ReportSum() could not be used e.g. in case of Customerwise Letters for Balance Confirmation where more than one customer are selected.

another thing I that I noticed is a change in page size e.g. changing the height of "Page Footer" has an effect on ColSum() !!!

in the sample snap given below, set of values from both ReportSum() & ColSum() are shown.

and the effect of a change in height of "Page Footer" is shown:-

Thanks & Regards,

Kr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

This canot be a patch level problem, better try another pld and use this colsum function, it may be due to run time error

in sap b1.

regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu.......

This is not the Patch Level Problem.

I think this must be PLD Problem.

Try this....

Create same formula on System generated PLD and see the effect whether ColSum() is working perfectly or not.

If it works then you have to make modifications in your PLD.

Regards,

Rahul